Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2003, 07:56 PM   #101
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
The problem isnt guns. Fire arms are just a convienient scape goat to blame. Untill people look at the root of the problem, the problem will never go away.
What is the root of the problem?
Old 02-11-2003, 08:00 PM   #102
skywalker
Banned User

To answer the topic question...no I don't like guns.

Mark
Old 02-11-2003, 08:08 PM   #103
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
look here to see that murderstill happens with out guns:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2737107.stm

And look here to see what happens to children when their parents cant protect them. Also , no guns involved:

http://www.emedia.com.my/Current_New...20030208113300

The problem isnt guns. Fire arms are just a convienient scape goat to blame. Untill people look at the root of the problem, the problem will never go away.
'MAN KILLS 15 WITH SPADE' now there's a headline you dont often see.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:23 PM   #104
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
IMHO the root of the problem is mankind. Since the dawn of time people have killed one another. Haveing or not haveing guns will never change that. What needs to be done is find a way to make people NOT want to kill each other. Untill we can do that the killings will never stop,guns or no.

Quote:
'MAN KILLS 15 WITH SPADE' now there's a headline you dont often see
I see you didnt bother to read the articles. In the first one a man punches and slashes his own sister to death. In the second a group of teens armed with a large knife take a family hostage and rape their child. I think that even a lowly spade may have helped the victims in either case.

Explain how guns are the root of all evil and how their removal will fix all of societys ills to the familys of the people in the articles.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:34 PM   #105
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Quote:
IMHO the root of the problem is mankind. Since the dawn of time people have killed one another. Haveing or not haveing guns will never change that. What needs to be done is find a way to make people NOT want to kill each other. Untill we can do that the killings will never stop,guns or no.

Quote:
'MAN KILLS 15 WITH SPADE' now there's a headline you dont often see
I see you didnt bother to read the articles. In the first one a man punches and slashes his own sister to death. In the second a group of teens armed with a large knife take a family hostage and rape their child. I think that even a lowly spade may have helped the victims in either case.

Explain how guns are the root of all evil and how their removal will fix all of societys ills to the familys of the people in the articles.
[/QUOTE]I did read the article, the point i'm making is it's very easy to kill 15 people with an AK47, you try to do the same with a spade.I agree people will always kill each other, but should we be making it easier for them.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:43 PM   #106
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

bring me a spade and 15 people!!! I'll show you easy.
Old 02-11-2003, 09:42 PM   #107
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
bring me a spade and 15 people!!! I'll show you easy.
Lol! You're right on the money with every post you've made tonight.

Why do these protestors care about how fast a gun can kill? It would be more humane to kill a man instantly with a gun than for me to get a spade after him! The assailant-turn-victim would suffer grandly at my counter-attack with another item besides a gun. A gun would be a quick and easy way out for him.

Now...notice that all the protestors dare not answer about what they would do if they were the ones being victimized? Would they wave by to their little girl, and say..."oh well, I guess we can have another daughter later...", or are they saying..."I am big enough in stature that no man will hurt my family...", or are they saying, "I will beg for mercy at the hands of my assailant, and hope he will be gentile..."...
Nope...they don't offer their heart's feelings because they either have never thought of it, too afraid to answer because deep down...they love their family enough to want to protect them at any cost, or they just enjoy being on the trend of "Gunz R Evil".

Hunter, you are right. A gun does not make a killer. A gun is a tool. Used in the wrong hands, a nail-gun or cordless power-drill or a chain saw will result in the same effect in the hands of a criminal mind.

[ 02-11-2003, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 02-11-2003, 09:51 PM   #108
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I am partial to a cordless circular saw. It isnt illegal to carry, is small enough to conceal, and will zip right through bones and such with great ease. To paraphrase Mr.T, "I pitty da fool that tries to mug me"

Edit; Thanks Larry for the support. I know what I would do in that situation because I have almost been mugged twice. Both times they were armed, both times the would be muggers got beat half to death. I didnt think, I didnt talk, as soon as I felt threatened the fight or flight response took over. What seemed at the time like minuets was probably only seconds, but there are several muggers in the SW D.C. area that got a little political re-education on why you shouldnt mug people.

[ 02-11-2003, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: The Hunter of Jahanna ]
Old 02-11-2003, 10:04 PM   #109
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

So when you all finally get around to banning firearms (like I'm really worried about that), and the killing keeps on going, what will you ban next? Ball bats, krokee mallets, hatchets, swiss army knives, chain saws, screw drivers, Mercedes Benz (The Harris Murder trial going on in Texas, Woman killed her cheating husband with one. They claim she ran over him twice.), Boeing 757 (Osama's boys figured out how to kill almost three thousand people with just two of these. Pretty damned deadly if you ask me!), a trident submarine,...etc...etc...ad nausaum or human beings? Hmmmm? The last would be the perfect answer! Cause everything else is just an inaimate object. the human has the brain.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:35 PM   #110
Jay&SilentBob
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Nope I don't like guns.
In Australia the gun laws restrict heavily what a gun owner can do and own when regarding firearms. When the new gun laws were introduced there it was not such a big deal because other then farmers Australians generally are not big on guns and with the buyback scheme people were not so reluctant to hand them in.
But in the US, from what I've seen in the times I have visited and lived there people are fiercely protective of their guns and at this age and time it would be impossible to seperate them from their love of firearms. As much as I would love to see Americans lose their fascination with guns it aint going to happen anytime soon especially in the southern states.
I am just glad I live in a country where you dont have to worry about someone breaking into your house with a loaded gun ready to wreak havoc. I'm not saying it doesnt happen but the average person can sleep comfortably at night with a simple locked house, and you ask 100 people randomly off the street if they felt they needed a gun to protect their home and family and you would be lucky to find one who said yes.