Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2002, 10:52 AM   #31
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
I'm sure Tancred could be suitably punished in the bar
The word wedgie comes to mind. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Unless Tancred likes that sort of thing.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:13 AM   #32
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
quote:
[/QUOTE]Tancred's not too bad
No, my real problem is that smartmouthed sword of his... Maybe I'll just leave it standing in a bucket of stale ale for a couple weeks so it'll get nice and rusty. Hopefully it will drown out the incessant prattling as well.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:29 AM   #33
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
quote:
[/QUOTE]Tancred's not too bad
No, my real problem is that smartmouthed sword of his... Maybe I'll just leave it standing in a bucket of stale ale for a couple weeks so it'll get nice and rusty. Hopefully it will drown out the incessant prattling as well.
[/QUOTE]Hmm, or it might get drunk and start making lewd comments at a certain wedgie-delivering sultry elflet.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:56 AM   #34
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Hmm, or it might get drunk and start making lewd comments at a certain wedgie-delivering sultry elflet.
...And all she will hear is the bubbles he produces while doing so
But you're right, the risk of an intoxicated talking sword is just too much to handle. Damn, will have to think of a better punishment.

..... Hmmm... then again, I could just use a bucket of horsepiss instead! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]

[ 08-28-2002, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 08-28-2002, 12:39 PM   #35
Lord Shield

I seem to recall that Tancred and Karnas swapped places so the sword has the spirit of Tancred now while Karnas uses the paladin's body. Did that change back in the end?

Old 08-28-2002, 06:40 PM   #36
Tancred
White Dragon

That DID happen... but the pair of them were left behind on the Plane of Slaughter as Karnas went vampire-hunting in some tower.

Since then, Tancred had been seen tramping around looking for an adventure with Karnas the sword, passing within 3 miles of the position of Blandamour and Galadria in 'Hazardous Times'... but never actually getting involved. Next, they were seen running OUT of heaven, passing by and saying a quick 'hi!' to the party on the way (Legolas, Shade, Skye, Lioness and a few others), and Tancred was looking very grizzled and a bit older... so something clearly had sorted out that problem by then. Tanc refers to having 'walked four worlds' before returning to the Bar, so it's clearly been a long time...

This is just one of those things you're never going to find out about; neither myself nor Karnas really wants to go into it. (eep)

Karnas - was it fate or irony that he ended up trapped in a Bastard Sword?
Old 08-28-2002, 06:43 PM   #37
Tancred
White Dragon

To tell you the truth, the Bar had started to go a bit... critical... by then; about 3 or more different RPG threads packed into one Bar. All the stories were a bit confused back in those dark ages. I think too many of us started writing our own story over everyone else... and I got into melodrama instead of comedy. BIG mistake...
Old 08-28-2002, 06:51 PM   #38
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
quote:
[/QUOTE]A wedgie, wearing metal underwear? *owch*

Hell, one thing that we had in the Bar was a group dynamic. There was an esprit de corps among the Bar patrons... even the weird ones like killer and Encard were regarded as a particularly zany part of the bunch. You could probably analyse it; my role was primarily the Comic Relief, for example. Once that group dynamic broke down, the Bar died. Just like any community, I suppose.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:53 PM   #39
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
, Tancred had been seen tramping around looking for an adventure with Karnas the sword, passing within 3 miles of the position of Blandamour and Galadria in 'Hazardous Times'...
LOL, was that what that was all about? We wondered.

[ 08-28-2002, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 08-28-2002, 07:45 PM   #40
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
, Tancred had been seen tramping around looking for an adventure with Karnas the sword, passing within 3 miles of the position of Blandamour and Galadria in 'Hazardous Times'...
LOL, was that what that was all about? We wondered. [/QUOTE]You know... I don't know! I had thought about coming back to the RPG thread and reintroducing these two veteran characters, but comic relief does tend to jar a bit with the 'serious' RPG threads, so I thought 'no'. I just ended up posting... it seemed oddly 'right' for these two misfits to kind of wander past a vast, sprawling epic like you have over there and just be a few km out! I guess they were just lost and homeless without a bar to belly up to.