Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2002, 02:35 PM   #11
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
I'm confused. Is this a continuation of the "Stand Up and Be Counted" thread, or a reopening of "Lord Shield's Bar"?
read my first post. This thread is for SUGGESTIONS to bring reasonable fun back to Ironworks. reviving my old bar is just one ides

Actually Mel ,that would be a good idea. If we could get at least me, you, Neb and Azzy in MSN we could figure out the bar again [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-26-2002, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Lord Shield ]

Old 08-26-2002, 02:36 PM   #12
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
I'm confused. Is this a continuation of the "Stand Up and Be Counted" thread, or a reopening of "Lord Shield's Bar"?
Neither, so far, LOL!
I think it should be the continuation of the original discussion in Donut's thread, that's why I suggested that the topic of reopening the BG2 Bar could be discussed among the people who were around in the old Bar threads. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit:

Quote:
Actually Mel ,that would be a good idea. If we could get at least me, you, Neb and Azzy in MSN we could figure out the abra again
I like the idea [img]smile.gif[/img]
Would you guys mind waiting a little though? Haven't got any chat programs installed at the moment and have a kind of busy week ahead... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Will be available ASAP

[ 08-26-2002, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 08-26-2002, 02:37 PM   #13
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Oh, okay, sorry Melusine [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm still a relative newbie here and I haven't mastered the commands yet *looks embarrased and scuffs her boots on the floor*

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 08-26-2002, 02:40 PM   #14
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Hmmm.... Post fun threads that aren't serious. But do not turn them into spam-fests. Be social. Don't just post serious discussions. Those are my suggestions..... Oh, and: "Bring Back Lord Shield's Bar!"
Old 08-26-2002, 02:42 PM   #15
Lord Shield

the links for the 1st 9 bar threads

thread 1
thread 2
thread 3
thread 4
thread 5
thread 6
thread 7
thread 8
thread 9

[ 08-26-2002, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Lord Shield ]

Old 08-26-2002, 03:35 PM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Might not be appropo, but I would like to state for the record, that while the Cafe is meant to pick up conversations that might otherwise off-topic or 'spam' a different thread, it is NOT a free-spam-trash area. I have noted that several people have made comments to the effect that all the Cafe is for is spam and I just wanted to be clear here.

I for one do NOT consider a 'social' conversation to be spam unless it interrupts a thread's flow considerably and am hoping it's not considered such by people I've known and posted with for a few yrs now. LOL, if you think about it, alot of our 'off topic' stuff in the old days would be considered out of place here these days. And frankly, I think some of our best stuff started as 'off topic'. Hmmm, Donut, if it weren't for 'ot', i'd never have offered that tapdance in the fountains! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Some of our fun stuff was also rp if you'll recall. Somehow that never gets going now because most folk who would participate aren't active in the RP board- those things started up spontaneously in GD or the old BG. I loved the evil smiting and Tipsy the thief and Rikard/Wah/Melusine threads!

Cloudy

[ 08-26-2002, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 08-26-2002, 03:50 PM   #17
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Good post/point Cloudyhoney. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I noticed that too(that a lot of the memberage seemed to think that the Cafe was a Spam Zone). The few times I've participated in it, I noted stuff that, yes, could be considered spam, but I also noticed quite a bit that was actually the sort of thing that gets discouraged in other threads. The "Hi, how was your day?" "Fine. How've you been?" sort of posts. IMNSHO, the Cafe is a wonderful addition to IW, and GD would be a lot poorer without it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 08-26-2002, 08:05 PM   #18
Tancred
White Dragon

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm enjoying myself reading the old Bars... perhaps someone should set up the Bar as a NWN online mod? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2002, 06:29 AM   #19
Sigmar
Unicorn

*Adds his name to petition to bring back the bar threads.*

*Reads past threads*

My God I used to be an idiot . (Anyone who uses the "Used to" joke will be kicked in the head by Mr T).
Old 08-27-2002, 06:35 AM   #20
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm enjoying myself reading the old Bars... perhaps someone should set up the Bar as a NWN online mod?
[img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Not all of us have NWN unfortunately...
But LS and I were discussing starting the bar again like it used to be in the first few threads. Will let you know if it works out. [img]smile.gif[/img]
BTW Tancred, I'll be seeing you in court - I read the old threads some months earlier and cracked all my ribs laughing at you and Karnas... you WILL PAY!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
*Adds his name to petition to bring back the bar threads.*

*Reads past threads*

My God I used to be an idiot
If it's any consolation Sig, you were not the only one
Anyone who says anything about puppy eyes will be wedgied (that includes you Genieboy, and please note a wedgie in your case would include some very unpleasant action involving that sash of yours [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] )