Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2002, 06:14 AM   #1
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Is it possible to add sound effects and music to an animation or comic created on the computer? (with animation shop or any program like it)
If so..how? And what program would be needed?

EDIT: Another thing...Go to this site and click on first comic or newest comic. I was wondering how this person would be able to make this comic. How did they cut around the "8 bit" characters and stick them on the backround like that?

Thanks,

[ 08-21-2002, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]
Old 08-21-2002, 06:45 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well depends completely opn what your program supporst.
Usually you can have sound as a music score globably over the animation. You can have music, speech etc triggered by time, que points etc.

Also, you better make sure on what types of music formats are compatible with the program you currently use.

Donīt eat the yellow snow
Old 08-21-2002, 06:52 AM   #3
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Well I have Paintshop Pro 7 with Animation Shop 3 and Bryce 5

Does this help?
Old 08-23-2002, 04:42 AM   #4
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by GokuZool:
Well I have Paintshop Pro 7 with Animation Shop 3 and Bryce 5

Does this help?
Hmm, that is making animated gif files right?
If so, you canīt use a format that supports sound. Best thing in that case is to put in the sound on the webapge but it is tricky. I think that Bryce is able to support soundfiles and that you can time control it when to play. But Iīm not sure since I donīt have Bryce 5 and neither have animation shop.

I use Flash MX alot when doing animations as the one on my homepage, and in that program you simply add a keyframe that starts a sound file. You can add wav files to that one. In the export you convert it to MP3.

Iīm sorry I canīt help you more, but I havenīt worked with the programs you mentioned. :S

Old 08-23-2002, 04:47 AM   #5
Deathbringer

You should really get your hands on a program called Director 8, or premier 6

Old 08-23-2002, 04:48 AM   #6
Moni

If you want to surf PunkinHaid's House (link below) There is a links section that contains Paint Shop Pro and Graphics tutorials...I don't know how many you can find for Bryce there but it may be worth a shot!
Do a search somewhere too on "Bryce Tutorials", you should be able to find your answers.Good Luck!

Old 08-23-2002, 04:51 AM   #7
Moni

Oh, btw, that site you directed us to just scared the bejesus outta me LOL
That guy has the same names (first and last, with the exception of a difference in spelling with one letter) as my dead ex-husband! I swear my heart stopped for a sec LOL.

Old 08-23-2002, 04:53 AM   #8
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
Director 8 I can understand in animation process, but a bit expansive though. Flash MX is better for simple animations that doesnīt need so many scripts, and is cheaper.

Premiere 6 is a video tool, a bit over the top eh?? Itīs also a bit in the pricier region as well.

You can of course.. *urrk* try P O W E R P O I N T:: falls almost dead to the floor...

Old 08-23-2002, 04:58 AM   #9
Moni

After taking a look at the site I have to tell you that getting those characters on the background is probably a little time consuming but completely possible in Paint Shop Pro....you just zoom in on the pic (or screen shot) of the characters and point-by-point select what you want out of the image, copy it and paste it into a new image. The new image has a transparent background...from there you copy and paste those images into either psp format files with layers (background, figures, ballons, text, etc until you get everything placed where you want and then you merge the layers and build from there, either in a larger image or in animation frames.
Another way is to use the selection tool and the shift key and select everything you don't want, then ivert the selection for copying and pasting into a new image.
You'll find a lot of the info you need in the tutorials at PunkinHaids.

[ 08-23-2002, 04:59 AM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 08-23-2002, 05:02 AM   #10
Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
Director 8 I can understand in animation process, but a bit expansive though. Flash MX is better for simple animations that doesnīt need so many scripts, and is cheaper.

Premiere 6 is a video tool, a bit over the top eh?? Itīs also a bit in the pricier region as well.

You can of course.. *urrk* try P O W E R P O I N T:: falls almost dead to the floor...
[/QUOTE]Maybe, but you can download free evaluation versions that will get the job done