Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2001, 06:11 PM   #21
Davros
Takhisis Follower

VEGEMITE is nectar, ambrosia, the food of the Gods, in fact, it is that which all other foods should aspire to be .

Hot freshly buttered toast, spread moderately with the black gold, washed down with lovely cold milk - hmmmmmmmmmm toaaaaaaaast and veeeeeg -drooooooooooooooool!!!!!

And our favourite advertising jingle - I will start you off with the first verse :

We're happy little Vegemites
As bright as bright could be
We all enjoy our vegemite
For breakfast lunch and tea

(hands over to another Aussie for the next verse )

------------------
Old 06-19-2001, 06:27 PM   #22
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
From Kiwidoc :
Any Militant Mite Movements in New Zealand were swiftly dealt with by rounding up the combatents and forcibly exiling them to Australia. This avoided warfare and also had the benefit of ridding Gods Own Country of foolish elements and enriching Australian culture at the same time.
Hey Kiwidoc ,
Even though you proclaim Vegemite to be King, from the tone of this note, I suggest we have a dissadent who refuses to acknowledge that OZ won the "Mite War" . It is true that many refugees have come from the land of the long white cloud, seeking assylum from the economic devastation wreaked upon the tiny islands of ENZED. They were taken in and welcomed, as we offered them sunny beaches and unemployment benefits. Eventually but, these benefits were withdrawn, and the kiwi's were courteously asked by the mighty OZ parliament to find jobs. At this stage, many of them mysteriously develop a new patriotic nationalism, and start pining for the sheep, whoops that should be shakies , and so they return home .

------------------
Old 06-19-2001, 06:30 PM   #23
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Just tried Napster...they of course have blocked it as copywrited material and it will not show up in the search.

------------------
Old 06-19-2001, 10:01 PM   #24
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

My favourite way to eat Vegemite - toasted granary bread, New Zleand butter, a thin smear of Vegemite and ripe avocado squashed on top. Now THATS what I call toast

Davros, you have made my point for me. The Militant Mite Movement members who were exiled to Oz were definitely inferior citizens of New Zealand, hence their atrocious behaviour when they reached Oz. After all, once the Mite wars were over and an amnesty declared, who in their rihgt mind would continuew to live in Oz?

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
Old 06-19-2001, 11:57 PM   #25
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

My friend made me try Vegemite when I was in London last March and I swear upon everything holy, if someone ever tries that again, I will kill them.

No, no, I won't just kill them, I will torture them, like they tortured me! Maybe I will bury them in the sand, near an ant hill and pour honey on them. Or maybe I will put hot irons under their finger nails. Or maybe, just maybe I will give them Vegemite!

------------------

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Old 06-20-2001, 06:27 AM   #26
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Khanar:
I call it: PondScum™

It's nasty! Don't let these Brits and Aussies try to lure you into eating it!
Oi! Don't bring us into it - I tried it once and was cleaning my teeth for two days trying to get the taste out of my mouth. I think your mother needs to be eating it whilst carrying you in her womb before you get to like it!

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-20-2001, 06:46 AM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
I know it's something that must be popular in Australia (and I think that it's edible), but I'm looking for more definition than that.

I ask because I was reading Berlitz's guide to cruises (we're taking a 7-day Carribean cruise in October) and he mentioned that any cruise line that wants to have Australian passengers better have Vegemite or they very well may not be back.

So what is it?

It's a form of gruel mixed with some brown algae and some ground-up dirt and somehow passed off as an edible consumable by a shrewd food company. This was the trick of the century - convincing millions of Aussies that this is somehow fit for human consumption.

------------------
Old 06-20-2001, 06:51 AM   #28
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
It's a form of gruel mixed with some brown algae and some ground-up dirt and somehow passed off as an edible consumable by a shrewd food company. This was the trick of the century - convincing millions of Aussies that this is somehow fit for human consumption.

Bah! all yours stomachs just arnt hard enough for it. Vegemite makes a bloody got breakfast with butter on toast. DO NOT DISS THE MITE!

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 06-20-2001, 07:07 AM   #29
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Pah, as any fule kno, vegemite is but a pale imitation of marmite, the king of yeast extract spreads!

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Old 06-20-2001, 01:07 PM   #30
Gaelic
Elminster

It took me months to get past the smell alone, and when I finally tried it, my alcohol deadened taste buds were still able to soundly reject it. It took many, many Tom Collins drinks to clean that taste from my mouth and I think I only had 3 or 4 molecules.

YUCK!

------------------
Gaelic