Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2001, 01:16 PM   #1
Drawde1
The Magister

I'm thinking of creating an Item Guide for BG2 (and perhaps BG1, IWD and P:T in the future if the BG2 one is popular!).
It would include information on the properties of each item, where to find it or its components,, its cost, and information about
how to use it (what characters/classes it's good for, useful tactics using it, etc.) When/if I eventually get ToB I'll
update the guide to include items from it.
Obviously I won't bother including non-magical or generic +1,+2 etc items, just those with special properties and unique names.
This would not only be useful and fun to read but should also answer the endless "Where can I find X" questions!
Anyone agree that this would be a good idea?
Old 06-25-2001, 01:45 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

That. Would be VERY useful. I would do it myself except I'm too lazy to try. ;P Besides, I don't have BG1 so it would be only a half deal.

If you do eventually make it though, I'll include the link in my signature.

Hee, it might even reduce the number of "Where do I find so and so?" threads, though I do find the regular occurance of "How the f*** do I kill Kangaxx" threads amusing. How many threads of those are there in this Forum anyway? o_O?

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

Old 06-25-2001, 02:07 PM   #3
Drawde1
The Magister

OK, I'll continue writing it (I started writing some item info just to get the hang of it), when I've finished I'll send it to various BG2 sites so they can host it.
Old 06-25-2001, 09:03 PM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Sure, send it to me when you're done with it, I'll have a look at it.

------------------
Old 06-28-2001, 01:43 PM   #5
Drawde1
The Magister

I've currently done most of the rings, cloaks, amulets and robes and am working on weapons. There are a LOT of items that I don't know the location of, first I'll search for these with Infinity Explorer then I'll ask on the forum for the locations of the ones I still can't locate.
Old 06-28-2001, 01:44 PM   #6
Drawde1
The Magister

Ah ha! FINALLY I can post again!
Did someone cast Power Word: Silence on this forum?
Old 07-03-2001, 05:38 AM   #7
Link
Jack Burton

I think it's a great idea, sure: a lot of people will be happy with it. The only thing i'm worrying about is the fact that searching for the items will no longer be hard/ difficult. It might (read carefully here) take away some of the gamplaying-fun. Instead of using the game itself as a sorce, they read the guide, and find out where that precious gem is located the "easy" way.

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 07-03-2001, 07:19 AM   #8
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Sure maybe it will spoil the game for some people, but what about others (like me) who didn't realise that say, the gaxx ring was available and played the game through without doing that particular quest. If I hadn't read this board, 1/2 the things in the game would have slipped me by. To that end, perhaps not only is a item required, but a full & thorough quest guide.
Old 07-03-2001, 09:12 AM   #9
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Be sure to check out the bg2dungeon for alot of item locations and descriptions.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 paladin of the order of the holy flame.
Old 07-03-2001, 10:37 AM   #10
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Will 'quest' items also be included? I am talking about things like Rogue Stones, Keys, Illithium Ore, etc...

I like the idea of an 'item' location book. I played the game through the first time with IMO limited help, but going through a second, third, fourth...time I think it would be useful to know how/where to find some items I missed the first time through!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig