Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2001, 10:50 PM   #1
Hargon

Are there any good armors in the game that Valygar can use? I think he's a damn good character if you give him a strenght boosting item, But I'm worried he wont survive very long later in the game due to his armor restrictions. So what would be the best armor for Valygar? dont want to know where to find it, just want to know it's stats .

Also, I want to level my monk and Jaheira as fast as possible, so I'd like some hints on easy quests that these 2 alone can handle. I brought down Mae'Var for Bloodscalp, have soon finished the planar sphere quest. (Though I needed Jan and Valygar to succeed, that place is hard!) I'm thinking of taking Jan and Valygar out of the party just before I get the xp award for finishing the quest, so that only Jaheira and Myself get the XP. Is this possible? I'm gonna do jaheiras curse quest after the sphere, but after that I dont know. Hints?

Thanks.

Old 01-12-2001, 11:00 PM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

The temple quests... but if you want those big head hunchos, try finishing off Kanggax and Firkraag.
Old 01-12-2001, 11:06 PM   #3
Azuth

the best armour is his try differnt rings or a second +2 Kannta in his off hand.

Bahamut. he wanted to know quests that his monk and Jheria can do alone, i don't think they can face dragons like that!
Hargon most of the go fetch quest will give you exprince ie the temple, or some stronghold quests. or go to Windspear hills and fight the orcs that appear

Old 01-13-2001, 03:38 AM   #4
G.W.

Shadow Dragon Scale or something like that may be the best armor for Valygar. Or possibly Red Dragon Scale, though I don't know if he can wear it. he can also wear drow plate +5, but then he can't hide and that's what is so good about him. His own armor is extremely good. Remember, it's really +6 leather, plus some good resistances.
He will survive, just give him a 1 AC helm and the ring of earth control and/or cloak of sewers. He's got the same AC as Minsc because Minsc has a dexterity of 16 vs Valygar's 18.