Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2002, 01:20 PM   #1
Panic
Welcomed New User

I'm attempting to get through the 8 room tests in the monk temple in chapter 4, but am completely stuck in the third one: The Sorceror's Room. Can someone give me some useful pointers on how to get through it?
Thanks!
Panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 04:24 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

The one with the two crystal monk?

All you have to do is kill them. The different symbol of different spells, so maybe you get the effect of those spells by standing on them, but that is not important. The goal is to kill the two monks.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:36 PM   #3
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well the 1st three rooms weren't too bad but the clockwork room has me stumped!I've tried numerous charactors,with defense spells etc but can't get these guys !Any help out there??
Old 09-13-2002, 11:15 PM   #4
Kalak
The Magister

Well, two things...defensive spells don't do jack if they're cast BEFORE you get into the room, and you can't take scrolls with you. So unless you got a high level monk, or a fighter/paladin/ranger/barbarian type with HIGH hitpoints you don't have a prayer on that one unless you got like a cleric of tempus or talos. However, their may be a way to circumvent the part if you don't/can't complete it. The thief in the storage room may be able to get you through the bottom to the underdark without doing it...I don't know, b/c I didn't follow that storyline...I had an orc fighter with 160 HPs and had to reload about 8 times to beat those fireballing idiots.
Old 09-14-2002, 12:30 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

There is a trick to disarm them. As soon as the timer start, an area in the room will now be activable. Go click on it, and it will kill the monk and cancel the fireball.
Old 09-14-2002, 12:35 AM   #6
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Back again got past I think 6 or 7 rooms I'm in the imolation room with fire comming out of the floor and the two guys I fight are not bothered by the fire no matter what spells I use I never have enough time? And my fighters can't last them out either,SOOOOO anyone out there done this room!???Thanks again..
Old 09-14-2002, 01:10 AM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

This is the 8th room, and it's HELL ON EARTH!!!!

I tried with my paladin, and died an ugly fiery death, even with my 50 health restoring healing hands, I got killed with my mage and then with my fighter.

I finally got it with my fighter/thief thiefling thief. The natural 5 fire resistance is what kept me alive for so long.

I made it with 2 health left!!

If you don't have a decent thiefling, I suggest you try with a priest. You need to either be able to reduce the damage you get, or be able to heal yourself.