Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2002, 07:38 AM   #1
Garlick
Welcomed New User

Hello true believers and disbelievers as the case may be,

Something catastrophic happened to my poor computer and I had to wipe it significantly...in the process...wait for it....I lost my Baldurs gate: Shadows of Amn and Icewind dale game saves (over 200 hours playing time each!! whahhhhhhh sob sob...boo hoo hoo...oh the humanity!!!)

To cut a long and whiningly pathetic story short, will some knight in shining armour+2/princess in iron brazziere+3 take pity on me and send me their save points for these games?!!!??!!! I was in the underdark just after entering the drow city in shadows of AMN and I in Dorn deep just after figuring out the circular table linked puzzle thingy which opens up a circular stairs going down to lots of wheels and cogs in Icewind dale. Anywhere approximately near these points will do.

I know it's not the same thing as you personalise your own characters and take pride watching them mill throught the ranks of experience (especially in icewind dale where your characters are personalised and cheekily named) but it will at least put off a stay in a high security mental institution for me if I don't get to finish these games after all the blood and sweat.

I'm not even sure how much memory a BG game save takes up or if it possible to attach it to an e-mail, but I would much appreciate the effort,

Cheers, you'll be on my christmas list next year,

Garlick the obscene (bradyga@tcd.ie)
Garlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 02:27 PM   #2
Aurican
Elminster

You really should just restart your games. Just from a practical standpoint the upload time and download time alone would take too long. Plus, you have your own style of playing and others have theirs, your own characters would be much better to use than anothers.
Aurican is offline   Reply With Quote