Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 06:51 AM   #31
Link
Jack Burton

As if Drizzt stands still in his development. I think it's safe to say even Drizzt can gain levels.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 06:53 AM   #32
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

you are bahl spawn, you should be able to kill whatever you want, surely!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:38 AM   #33
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Maybe so Link, but for mortals I think there is a limit. The average soldier would probably peak at level 2, maybe 3 despite a lifetime of fighting and improving his skills. Drizzt..well given he is a bit legendary maybe he would make it to level 20 before he peaked. Still nothing next to level 30 or 40 charname and chums though.
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:27 AM   #34
Link
Jack Burton

The chums you're talking about are mere mortals as well. Aerie is no special avariel, Anomen not a special human etc.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 12:42 PM   #35
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Actually, I meant chums to mean The Five. But yeah, you're right of course in that the party can gain uber levels too. An issue of game balance over realism? After all, Drizzt & Co have been adventuring for many many years yet somehow in 5 months the whole party can go from level 8 -> 40. I think this isn't too realistic..
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 06:10 PM   #36
savuti
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
"I'm not convined - he's already level 16 or thereabouts making him a seriously awesomely powered killing machine."
And likewise the parties that confronts them are. To add they have a Bhaalspawn in their midst.

Quote:
"The latter members of the Five would take him to the cleaners IMO - he's not that strong and IIR his books correctly he does have a habit of only just winning fights by using his cunning to equalise things. And that's against much less scarier opponents than the Five."
As they are, yes, probably. But mano a mano, without the calling forth endless lesser demons and high level spells? Sendai? even Melissan? Please. She's a high priestess of Bhaal. Without the aformentioned abilities and immunities she's been granted, she'll get cut down. Against Abazigaal or Balthazaar, don't count on it, I'd still bet on the dark elf. It's true most of them are Bhaalspawns, but not one of them has ascended to a status of a full pledge deity yet, not one of them are devoid of weaknesses. For the most part what makes the latter members of the Five fearsome are their uber spells and summons. Take those away and Drizzt can take on any of them.

And I don't think using cunning detracts from his fighting and swordsmanship abilities, there's no doubt he has mad skills. It's a realistic part of a seasoned fighter's reportaire. It along with common sense and knowing when to back off. I doubt to think anyone of the Five would hesitate to use it either. But hey all in all it's a matter of perspective. In the end I still subscribe to the encounter with Drizzt and company should be made more challenging.

[ 04-18-2005, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: savuti ]
savuti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:27 PM   #37
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by shamrock_uk:
Actually, I meant chums to mean The Five. But yeah, you're right of course in that the party can gain uber levels too. An issue of game balance over realism? After all, Drizzt & Co have been adventuring for many many years yet somehow in 5 months the whole party can go from level 8 -> 40. I think this isn't too realistic..
Well, you could say that they had the 'touch' for adventuring.

[ 04-18-2005, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 03:04 AM   #38
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

imone should be able to gain these levels just like the PC for secret reasons