Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2003, 01:58 PM   #31
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

A remake of the original Day Of The Jackal film, this time without the taint of Bruce Willis, which had nearly nothing in common with the (great) book.
Old 01-29-2003, 03:56 PM   #32
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by elianne:
i would like to see Gabriel Knight sins of the father made into a movie.

originally it is a old style rpg (not like BG, more monkey island) which was worked on by the author of the story it was based on. the game is great in my opinion, and she also wrote an ok book version (that deviates from the game in details, but hey that doesn't matter much).

there are also two more games (gk2 - the beast within, quite good for werewolf lore etc and gk3- blood of the sacred, blood of the damned, really good game about the rennes le chateau mystery in france, knights templar, secret societies and vampires)
there was also a book of the second gaem, tohugh i cant track it down.

obviously the first one in the series would have to be done first, though i reckon the second and thrid would make even better films, if done right e.g. good casting, good budget, true to the plot.

the first one itself is a mystery thriller really, with voodoo and crime set in new orleans. i think it would be pretty cool. but they'd have to get THE right guy for the main character. otherwise it'd never work.

likewise, other than gk, i'd love to see baldurs gate or the hobbit made into a film. but i gues the hobbit isn't as thrilling as lotr, not now that they've made lotr and the hobbit is set before. it would have to be more of a kids movie or something (that adults happen to watch too).

on the topic of pc games made movie, is the dungeons and dragons film any good?
On the topic of werewolves and such, I'd strongly suggest you watch "The Brotherhood of the Wolf." It's a little bent towards the X-rated category, but it has some awesome fighting sequences. It also makes an excellent thriller. Just IMHO, of course.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 04:48 PM   #33
elianne
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i actually tried to watch brotherhood of the wolf. i say tried becasue it was the dvd, looked cool and great but i made the mistake of watching the horrendously boring documentary on the extras before hand.
and it was badly dubbed. can't stand that.
after that i got fed up
if i ever try watching it again i think the original (french?) would be better with subtitles, maybe then i'd be patient.
and yeah, what little i saw of the fighting was very good.
elianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 06:36 PM   #34
Gazza
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnabas:
My wife is hoping that the current interest in superheroes will spawn a Wonder Woman movie.
I think I remember seeing somewhere that they were going to make a Wonder Woman movie with Sandra Bullock playing Wonder Woman. (On the subject of comics being made into movies i'd love to see an Iron Man movie.
Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 08:24 PM   #35
Tancred
White Dragon

There's a trilogy of books written by a man named Dan Abnett for Games Workshop; 'Xenos', 'Malleus', and 'Hereticus'. I can't go into everything that makes me want to see it on screen - fantastic characters, brilliant action, a wonderful story etc - but one thing that makes it stand out from anything else in the Games Workshop canon is the question it tries to answer. The main character - a man named Gregor Eisenhorn - is an Inquisitor; secret agent, preacher, interrogator and psychic. In the course of his duties to preserve the Imperium of Mankind against diabolical and unholy foes - the books cover some 200 years - he finds himself having to answer a single question; is it right to do Evil in the name of the Greater Good? When billions of lives are at stake, are any means - even the vile, the demonic and unthinkable - open to you?

[ 01-29-2003, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Tancred ]
Old 01-29-2003, 10:22 PM   #36
SecretMaster
Apophis

Metal Gear Solid would be nice, any of the ones, and it'd be cool to see Warcraft 3 be made into a movie.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 01:49 AM   #37
homer
Manshoon

I would like to see one of the Dirk Pitt adventures, from Clive Cussler, put made into a movie. Sometime in the 70’s or 80’s Save the Titanic was made into a movie, but it was horrible. These books have tremendous depth and very strong story lines. If done right they could make excellent movies.

I agree with some of the others about the R.A. Salvatore novels, if done right they could make very good movies. He is an excellent writer who is able to give life to the characters in his books. I would truly like to see some of the sword fighting from these books.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:57 AM   #38
Darkman

I'm no Drizzt groupie but I'd definately pay admission to see a movie about him. Hollowood would probably butcher it, but it would be worth it to see his spinning scimtars in action. The movie could start off with Drizzt's beginnings in the Underdark and then continue with his escape to the surface and all the adventures that entail...
Old 01-30-2003, 07:25 PM   #39
Judas Maccabeus
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Night Stalker:
(Morrowind must have been written by Dune fans!)
Hey! That reminds me. I think the Elder Scrolls games would make good movies. Kind of hard to fit the games in, though...
<br /><br />\'Far be it from me to do such a thing as flee from them! If our time has come, let us die bravely for our kinsmen and not leave a stain upon our glory!\'<br />--1 Maccabees 9:10
Judas Maccabeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 09:58 AM   #40
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

on the question of the D&D movie look down on the page and look for the last topic about the D&D movie, or go to page 2 of the forum and see some more reviews.
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote