Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2006, 05:14 PM   #1
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

I want to know one thing...

Who is going to buy the DragonLance Adventures Digital Download modules when they come out? I chose not to purchase any of the modules thus far as I had no real interest in them, but even with my unfamiliarity with Krynn, you KNOW I'll be buying that one. Why? Because the (legendary) Lisa - maker of many really cool things for NWN - is part of that project. Besides, I'd love to see how many weapons from other modules I could sneak in there, unless they've found (and are using) ways to strip characters of levels and items... But I'd play it with a level one cleric if I needed to.

*drools thinking of the DLA project finally completed one day*
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 05:51 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I guess you need to know that the recent problem with NWN2 is Obsidian's fault. They are developing the sequel, not Bioware. As for Krynn, if I find a way to have some extra cash, I'll probably get them.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:02 PM   #3
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Oh I read through at least three or four of those threads, RTB. Man, some people are just mouthing off at the hip, while others are putting together full essays and editorials. The sheer gamut of ideas and points used in those threads are headspinning. Mainly for me, I can wait a little longer for NWN 2 as long as the DLA crew come through with their hard work. People had high expectations for that project back when it was going to be a free release. Now that it is a Digital Download, the demands are going to be that much higher.

PRC .. CEP .. CTP .. CRAP ..
With all those things out there now, people could literally rebuild all three original campaigns in their own image, with brand new offshoots and cut screens and monsters that would completely and utterly put the original work to shame. And some have. So it's those people who Obsidian is trying to keep calm now. (A thread for another time and place.) My whole thing is that while I am too broke to upgrade my machine completely, what else for NWN can I get? And the DLA project what I have been waiting for even if I don't know much about Krynn. (Minotaur sorcerers...)
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:41 PM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

You see, at one point I became extremely bored with gaming, and dipped into the toolset. Since then, I have gotten over being bored, mostly, and I still dabble in the tool set. When in doubt, start putting yourself some stuff together, maybe just some weapons and armor at first, eventually you'll start wanting to add things, then creatures, then a cool script idea will occur to you, that you haven't seen yet. It gets addicting. Ask Z if you have any doubts, or consider the work that went into Undermountain.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:26 PM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

I'll buy it! I've been following DLA since just about the beginning. They have a fantastic team who have created some of the best custom content for NWN and Krynn is one of my favorite realms.