Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

This damned external drive used to work just fine. That was before I installed my new HDD and reinstalled the software for the Sony DVD-burner back in December. This is the first time since I reinstalled the software that I have attempted to use it.

I am trying to make a DVD of some footage I took of a wedding for a friend who at this very moment is waiting on me to get myself to the reception and broadcast the movie!

Just to make sure that nothing was missing from installation, I completely deleted everything today and reinstalled it all using the manual's step-by-step guide to make sure that I did not cut a corner. My concern is that the drivers went bad because the programs I am trying to use (three different ways to burn a DVD) do not recognize any output device hooked up, nor does the USB drive let me access it, saying that there is an error.

I had the Device Manager go to get the drivers, and it confirms that the drivers I have are the most up-to-date ones.

I have tried everything I can think of short of cussing its momma.

I even called my "local guru" who contract-worked at Microsoft in the tech-help section for a while until he realized that it was not worth driving two hours each day one-way just for work...he assures me that I have done everything that he can think of to do, short of calling Sony and screaming at the top of my lungs about my desire to shove this machine up their rear.

Anybody got any help?
Old 05-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Update: I can play a movie from it, but the movie is really choppy.