Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2001, 07:16 AM   #1
Epona
Zartan

Memnoch,
just to draw to your attention a big spoil without warning on the BGII expansion thread - I don't know if the information is true, but it has ruined my day. I have posted to ask the poster to delete it, but thought you should know, as a lot of people (like me) check that thread every day for updates.

I am sure it was not deliberate, just not really thought out - the person in question could have posted a link to the site with a warning that it was a major spoil - I would have chosen not to look. Too late now.
Cheers!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.
Old 04-07-2001, 10:05 AM   #2
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Just bumping it up

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 04-07-2001, 10:59 AM   #3
Lord Shield

There was already a thread about this. Bear in mind that the Throne of Bhaal site is not on Ironworks. Mnemoch has warned us that they do not follow the 'spoiler' rules which apply here (and glad I am of it too). In fact, this prompted me not to touch the ToB site with a 10' barge pole!

Old 04-07-2001, 11:13 AM   #4
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Sorry Epona!

I posted another thread before I saw this one.

Pisses me off too that I read that

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 04-07-2001, 11:15 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Sorry Epona!

I posted another thread before I saw this one.

Pisses me off too that I read that

ack... didnt everyone know that already? i thought that wasnt a news at all.

anyway... long time no flame... hehehehe

$^#@^ YOU ARCHON!!! YOU RUINED MY DAY!!!! DELTEL IT NOWWWWWWWWW!!!!

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 04-07-2001).]
Old 04-07-2001, 11:36 AM   #6
Epona
Zartan

250 - any excuse!!! LOL!

I didn't know - because I've purposfully been avoiding any spoiler type info about the expansion, although I look forward to Memnoch's posts they don't give anything away. When I spend £30 on a game I like to find out the plot for myself! I've been avoiding other sites, including the official site, just in case. I didn't think anyone here would be that daft!

I remember being annoyed when I first got BGI - I got it on budget a couple of months before BGII was about to be released. All the games magazine reviews for BGII gave away the BGI plot by saying "In BG you found out you were the offspring of Bhaal..." and I felt like screaming! They could have been a bit less explicit, but at least BGI had been out for a while so they were only spoiling a few who were slow off the mark in buying the game.

Archaon - I'm sure it wasn't deliberate - just edit your post so it contains a link to the review, and a BIG BIG warning that it contains a major plot spoil and I will be appeased. Please try to be aware that not all of us like the plot info served up to us before the game has even been released. Thanks.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.
Old 04-07-2001, 11:51 AM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
250 - any excuse!!! LOL!

I didn't know - because I've purposfully been avoiding any spoiler type info about the expansion, although I look forward to Memnoch's posts they don't give anything away. When I spend £30 on a game I like to find out the plot for myself! I've been avoiding other sites, including the official site, just in case. I didn't think anyone here would be that daft!

I remember being annoyed when I first got BGI - I got it on budget a couple of months before BGII was about to be released. All the games magazine reviews for BGII gave away the BGI plot by saying "In BG you found out you were the offspring of Bhaal..." and I felt like screaming! They could have been a bit less explicit, but at least BGI had been out for a while so they were only spoiling a few who were slow off the mark in buying the game.

Archaon - I'm sure it wasn't deliberate - just edit your post so it contains a link to the review, and a BIG BIG warning that it contains a major plot spoil and I will be appeased. Please try to be aware that not all of us like the plot info served up to us before the game has even been released. Thanks.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I feel your pain man!!! that is the same as telling people Imoen is gonna ***** (just an example) anyway, that is REALLY REALLY a crime!!!

lol, to be serious, that must suck. but look into the bright way, he hadnt spoiled everything for you at least it is only a tiny small portion of it.

ack, i ve done my job to griev your lose, now it is time to attack!!!

ARCHON!!! YOU REMEMBER NOW YOU NO LIFE $#@$ IDIOT!! you think you are pretty cool that you can throw spoils everywhere so people will look up to you huh? no, you idiot, no no no NOO!! I SAID NO! nobody gives a %#@! because you are such a #@!$@. see? you #@!$! pissed everyone off!!! now stop searching the net just so you can ruin everyone's surprise by surprising everyone! if i am moderator, you will be banned before you can say "Ohh sh****"

Old 04-07-2001, 01:11 PM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Heh....something never change......eh, 250?

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-07-2001, 01:13 PM   #9
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
Heh....something never change......eh, 250?

like the way you spam the board?
Old 04-07-2001, 01:37 PM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

OK, all sorted out. Time to let this post freefall. Thanks for the heads up, Epona, you may want to email me as well if anything like this happens again.

Archaeon, everyone makes mistakes I guess after this you'll have learned, eh?

Man, can't I even go out to dinner without you guys breaking something?

------------------
My name is Memnoch. And your name is...destined to be a footnote in the sands of time.