Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2003, 08:39 PM   #21
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Didn't really think about the Sports one, I know bugger all about baseball and assumed they didn't have those in their terminology. Tsk, I keep making mistakes.

As a side note: Give me 8 pills and I'll be out within quarter of an hour.

[ 04-25-2003, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Talthyr Malkaviel ]
Old 04-25-2003, 10:58 PM   #22
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
Try #8 - if I had 3 pills and took one every half hour I would be out of pills in an hour
True, but thats not what the question asked.

The question said "A doctor gives you 3 pills, he tells you to take one every half hour. How many minutes will the pills last?"
You take the first pill, it lasts 30 minutes. You take the 2nd pill, it also lasts 30 minutes. You take the 3rd pill, and it too lasts 30 minutes.

30 * 3 = 90 minutes.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:05 AM   #23
SomeGuy
Unicorn

PM'd ya shadow. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 04-26-2003, 01:37 AM   #24
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowhound:
8. A doctor gives you 3 pills, he tells you to take one every half hour. How many minutes will the pills last?
[/QB]
Well the words of this question also justify the fact that pills may actually last forever ..............
Old 04-26-2003, 10:11 AM   #25
Grojlach
Zartan

Am I the only one who notices the irony in having spelling errors in the announcement of an intelligence quiz?

Oh, and I'm not gonna bother PM'ing the answers. I've seen most of the questions so many times before that I wasn't fooled by them for even a second; well, except for the fact that the pills question was phrased so badly that it actually doesn't have a clear answer, taking the question literally.
Oh, and I wasn't sure about the baseball one either. But hey, I'm European, I'm not even supposed to care about baseball... It's not that I will lose any sleep over not being familiar with confusing game jargon of a hardly interesting sport.

[ 04-26-2003, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 04-26-2003, 10:22 AM   #26
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Am I the only one who notices the irony in having spelling errors in the announcement of an intelligence quiz?

Oh, and I'm not gonna bother PM'ing the answers. I've seen most of the questions so many times before that I wasn't fooled by them for even a second; well, except for the fact that the pills question was phrased so badly that it actually doesn't have a clear answer, taking the question literally.
Oh, and I wasn't sure about the baseball one either. But hey, I'm European, I'm not even supposed to care about baseball... It's not that I will lose any sleep over not being familiar with confusing game jargon of a hardly interesting sport.
HARDLY INTERESTING???!!!!! [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

Thy blasphemy shalt be thy downfall, foul demon!
Old 04-26-2003, 10:40 AM   #27
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:

Hey, don't blame me... that's what we're supposed to do! The regulations of the Union For Foul Demonic Eurotwits And Other Infernal Denizens From Outside Of The Land Of Freedom And All That's Good And Just clearly state we're supposed to take a stab at typical American sports whenever the opportunity arises... It's out of my hand!

[ 04-26-2003, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 04-26-2003, 10:44 AM   #28
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:

Hey, don't blame me... that's what we're supposed to do! The regulations of the Union For Foul Demonic Eurotwits And Other Infernal Denizens From Outside Of The Land Of Freedom And All That's Good And Just clearly state we're supposed to take a stab at typical American sports whenever the opportunity arises... It's out of my hand! [/QUOTE]ROTFLMAO! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Thy satanic group shall be destroyed by the righteousness of baseball bats and other heavenly things!
Old 04-26-2003, 03:19 PM   #29
Talthyr Malkaviel

Quote:
quote:

Hey, don't blame me... that's what we're supposed to do! The regulations of the Union For Foul Demonic Eurotwits And Other Infernal Denizens From Outside Of The Land Of Freedom And All That's Good And Just clearly state we're supposed to take a stab at typical American sports whenever the opportunity arises... It's out of my hand! [/QUOTE]This reminds me, the time has elapsed, and now I, as a member of the fine country known as England, must make a generic cynical sarcastic remark about americans, followed by yet more denigration of their sports.

Tomorrow: Pointing out every little victory we have against Australians. Every.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:18 PM   #30
shadowhound

Scores:

Genius
WillowIX - 12
SomeGuy - 12 (smart-ass knew where I got my Qs [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Above Normal
Sir Exxon - 11
Lioness - 11 (Go baseball )
Talthyr Malkaviel - 10
pcgiant - 10
Normal
Stratos - 9
Dagorion - 7
Slow
Stormymystic - 4