Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2001, 11:03 PM   #1
BladeMaster

I want to do a Gif for my Character in BG2 with my armor and swords but do not know how to. Can anybody help me with this who has made their own gifs

------------------

Taste My Steel- BladeMaster

Old 05-06-2001, 12:03 AM   #2
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

well, you cant really, the characters that you can export with IE have just basic colors all over them : blue, pink, green, yellow, no armor, weapons, haircolor... any identifying characteristics. the game engine adds those when it loads. so you cant really pull that kind of image out. now if you were technically inclined (and very anal) you could theoreticly pull all the different elements out and recombine them one fram at a time.
but that would take forever.
sorry

------------------

*Lord of the Screen Shot*
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 05-06-2001, 12:16 AM   #3
BladeMaster

Well that just sucks. I have a cool custom character that I would like to use in my signature. How did they do Falling from Grace character then.

------------------

Old 05-06-2001, 03:11 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I didn't quite understand your question. Are you talking about editing a NEW BG2 avatar or using an existing one from BG2? If it's an existing one use Infinity Explorer (from www.teambg.com) and extract the GIF file you want. If you want to use YOUR character in your sig, then, well, it WOULD take forever.

------------------
Old 05-06-2001, 03:30 AM   #5
BladeMaster

I would rather use my custom character but if it would take forever then can you guys help me find a female character using two swords at once. Of course it has to be animated.

------------------

[This message has been edited by BladeMaster (edited 05-11-2001).]