Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2001, 04:47 PM   #31
Erad

THANK YOU THANK YOU LILY!!!!!!!
AND THANK YOU freudianslip!!!!!!
I FINALLY FOUND BETRAYAL IN KRONDOR (which i had 3 times, but lost all copies of it)

THX again

PS.I couldnt download this from sierra website, bad link or something.Now ,after i finish w&w, im gonna enjoy BAK again...this is a true rpg classic
Old 01-01-2001, 05:31 PM   #32
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

1. Night can be as long as it likes but the monsters should be harder/different and have more experience.

2. The spell Infravision, makes all creates appear deep red when in the distance no matter the illuminescence.

3. Spells that look half-ways decent. I want to be able to cast lightning and a bolt of white/cyan energy come bursting out of the SKY and hit the creature AND I wanna hear the bone vibrating sound of the bolt. I want to cast earth-wave and you can actually see the ground ripple causing damage to all nearby creatures.

4. I WANT SPELLS THAT PEIRCE WATER! Well I haven't played W&W long so there might be...

5. I want useless items to be automatically destroyed. Ok, your at THIS phase of the game and you still have THAT item? here, let me get rid of that for you...

6. I think you should be forced to identify... hmm... four of the same item and AFTER THAT... you always know what it is.

7. BTW, my monetary system is really pitiful right now, that will improve, won't it?

8. You need not pause the creatures when leveling up or stuff like that but I want to be able to exit the window that I'm in, instintaneously, and come back to it later and it remember what I have so far inputed.

9. Maybe a spell clairvoyance would cure my perfectionistic ways. I hate seeing those lil tan specks of unsearched maps. If I had a spell like clairvoyance that would show a circle of vision no more than 20 yards away, I'd be very satisfied.

10. More towns/cities and more roles. I cant help thinking that there isn't much for buying and selling strange items at strange shops with only three towns. Also, I have a bundle of wizards... I DON'T want to make them into warlocks, can't I make them some other powerful spellcaster?

11. Only being able to become duel-roled which each role is exactly 70% as powerful as a true-role character.

12. When grabbing onto a ladder... you look straight ahead, automatically. If you want to climb up, you push the 'look up' key and down is the 'look down' key.

13. A clock would certainly be nice.

14. One word, hotkey. You set up certain hoykeys for specific spells, weapons, of item usings.

15. Nearby creatures that makes thier own specific sounds (more often than it occurs). If there are rogues nearby I want to be able to hear them murmur to each other and where thier murmuring is coming from.

16. Lastly, quests seem pretty useless (in the part of the game im in), I get zounds more exp killing the creatures on the way then what the actual quest gives. (Often and hard are my settings).

Many of these are already said but I think this is the jist of the important ones, fun topic!
ArmageddonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 05:44 PM   #33
LadyJJ

Most of the things I'd like have already been listed. Tops on my list would be to NOT automatically level up. I found it very frustrating to lose so many opportunities to train during those early levels. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the News at the Town Hall or Info at the Tavern. All of my party members have excellent hearing, and each is quite nosey to boot! Now, WHY, do I have to stand in the same room to have each bit of news repeated to each of the individuals, when they just heard it a moment ago??? I can understand the quests -- after all, the members are secreted individually (hmmmmm is that redundant?) and so each would have to be separate. But the tavern? And the town hall?
Old 01-01-2001, 06:33 PM   #34
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Lady JJ,
Only one of your party needs to take a quest at the town hall for you all to get experience for it (it is different to all the shops). The news functions at the Inn and Hall are only extra advice on places to go - only one character needs to hear it. There is no benefit to listening to it all again.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 12:44 AM   #35
Sean Mc.

Great list so far!!!

How about:

Being able to quickly scroll through converstions so you don't feel stuck if you've heard it before. Also, being able to actually ask about specific quests/people/etc. when in the Tavern, rather than just getting a random bit of info. Additonaly, all town members should have this I think.

Cheers,
Old 01-04-2001, 07:31 AM   #36
Junglegirl

I wish there would be a "call of home" spell where you could wish which town you want to visit or different possibility for the teleport-spell........and REALLY, REALLY a better automap and shorter or brighter nights. It' s really annoying to wander around in such darkness. And I agree with Wiv. that's it quite silly to become Zenmaster so late. Beside I wonder how 2 or more persons could start a absolutly new game on the same P.C. I never found out how to start a new game , where you can get all the quests again and the treasure-chests are shut.
Junglegirl
Old 01-04-2001, 01:12 PM   #37
gaunty
The Magister

I made a list like this about 3 to 4 weeks ago.

have a INN starter quest
have a special key avalible from the town hall that only a lord can have, after witch doing several city service quests.
have a few quests that makes your reputation
with other guilds conflict or bad.
"NO" put MORE man eating plants in there, I want a giant "squid or lockness" sea monster
guarding the collisium.
I want to see some non quest sivilians wandering all over. the wandering priest needs a few other frends.
put a "trap" that you have to pick somewhere.
gaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 04:33 PM   #38
gaunty
The Magister

Put a "lost" dungeon in somewhere, that knowone knows any thing anything about.
knowone knows of any threats of dangers in there, there is not a hole lot to do it, but yet has a lot of searching to and a surprize of a lost big bod boy and lost treasure.
gaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 06:01 PM   #39
Moni

I think it would be worth out while to have any level of skill with a shield if the shield actually contributed to our character's armor class!
A map that is easier to read would be a big plus, as would a clock/calendar.
Finally, instill a base minimum # of hit points for a character to gain in their profession.
I can take gaining only one per level when classes are changed~that is fair, but it is my opinion that the "catch-up" system does not always work the way it should and characters can lose out on having a number of hit points that may save their butts in given situations.
( I currently have my 3 original warriors ready to level up to level 7...one I would like to change professions & become a paladin...he has a fair # of hit points @ level 6 (61) but unless I fight with the game, he will be a level 1 Paladin with only 62 hit points, when at his best, it could be 70 or more. I am whining, I know, lol but who does not agree with me that even 67 or 68 would be more fair for a guy who has worked so hard to be where he is today!)
Even if he did not change classes, 67 at a low would be fair for a level 7 warrior.
(IN MY OPINION!)
: )
Moni
Old 01-04-2001, 08:11 PM   #40
adam mage

*more hit points
*a clock and a compass is a good idea folks
*more information on the person's status
*you notice that most of the pple in TOWNs are men?
*I would like to see the fingers of the characters be more flexible
*monsters should be more scarier
*More hints should be dropped throughout the game to increase the user's detective skills
*and I hope someone come up with the 'elimination' spell for the warlock