Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2000, 11:04 AM   #1
helmloc

I am searching for the Glory of Suffering plate mail (AC -3, -25 hp). It is rumored to exist, but as of yet I do not know where to find it. Has anyone found it, and if so, where is it? My paladin simply must have it. Thanks for the help!
Old 08-18-2000, 10:23 AM   #2
helmloc

Can't anybody help me with this? Please?
Old 08-18-2000, 02:06 PM   #3
sibley

Well, we don't mean to ignore you. I think the problem is that no one has ever found it. For instance, I've not seen a report of it on the (much larger) official IWD board, either.

Maybe it's one of the handful of items that isn't really in the game.
Old 08-18-2000, 06:26 PM   #4
helmloc

You're probably right. I only ask because I had one person respond to a previous question and they said they had found it (but, naturally, couldn't remember where). They must have made a mistake. Anyway, thanks for the response!
Old 08-18-2000, 09:36 PM   #5
Easy

Actually, the Glory of Suffering DOES exist. I have no idea where it is in the game, but it is an official item that can be found. AC -3, -25 to HP and bunch of other cool stuff, it seems to be one of the best pieces of armor available. (it's too bad it takes AWAY the HP instead of giving them to you) It can also only be used by LAWFUL aligned characters. (not available to neutral or evil)
Old 08-20-2000, 05:02 PM   #6
helmloc

Well, I have been through the game 4 times, and I have yet to find this armor. Before I go and look for it again, I would love it if anyone could solidly confirm its presence. Anyone?
Old 08-23-2000, 09:19 AM   #7
dragonslayer
Manshoon

Just in case you didn't know, it´s in the Dale Keeper. Not that I have cheated to get it, even looked at it's stats, it´s still there though.
dragonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2000, 01:12 AM   #8
pyrogator
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It's in the strategy guide as well. I have found very few of the items listed, so I'm guessing it's all random, for the most part.
It seems that the shops in Kuldahar all have the same stock no matter what. I have started several games with different parties and the items available (magic-wise) were the same each time.
pyrogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2000, 10:48 AM   #9
sibley

It's true that all the shops always have the same stock. But note that the magic shop in Kuldahar changes its stock several times throughout the game -- again, always in the same way. It changes when you start a new chapter, although not for every new chapter.

There are certainly items in the game not listed in the hint book -- the various chess pieces, for instance. I'm pretty sure that likewise there are a few items listed that aren't in the game. There are a couple items for quests that don't exist, at least. But yes, there are a lot of random items of which you will see only a handful in any one game, unless you cheat.
Old 08-25-2000, 03:36 PM   #10
nimzo
Welcomed New User

Chess pieces?
nimzo is offline   Reply With Quote