Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 08:44 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Who wins? Heroes and Villains on either side team up, and then start the slugging match. My money's on Marvel, as it
A) Has cooler heroes (deadpool>lobo)
B) Has more power (Galactus> Suerpman)
C) Is FAAAAAR better fleshed out (Ethical issues, racism, oh my!)
That's just me, what do YOU think?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:30 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

obviously.. galactus can defeat superman.. but he is a god..

if there is no god included.. i guess superman can beat up any marvel superhero .

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:32 AM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Superman is still vulnerable to magic, anyone actually using magic could whup up on supes, and feed him his cape, someone like oh, Dr. Strange.

I'd like to see the Juggernaut, the Hulk, and Supes in a cage match, no one leaves until the other two are dead (of course you'd have to let the Hulk spar with Juggy for a while beforehand so that he'd be mad enough to last against supes)
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:11 PM   #4
Sir Degrader

I don't know how the fight would end, but after 5 minutes that cage would be gone...
Old 02-22-2005, 07:14 PM   #5
Sir Degrader

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
obviously.. galactus can defeat superman.. but he is a god..

if there is no god included.. i guess superman can beat up any marvel superhero .
Superman's many ways of getting whooped:
Dark Phoenix would destroy Superman and make Lois cry.
Thor would simply hit him a couple of times.
Thanos, would look at him.
Xavier would make him laugh to death.
Deadpool would make him have a seizure through his nonstop talking.
Banshee-ditto.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:20 PM   #6
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Marvel wins hands down.

The only exception being a few older DC titles like Jonah Hex, Sgt. Rock, GI Combat, Swamp Thing.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 12:17 PM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

As far as Thor Vs. Superman, check out some of the older Supreme comics (Supreme is basically Superman with a huge shot of arrogance, and a massive superiority complex) He beat the crap out of Thor, and stole his hammer (and refused to give it back after the fight) When he subsequently lost his powers He still used Mjolnir to lay the smack down (and kept Thor quite pissed at him).
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 12:28 PM   #8
Sir Degrader

Bah. Superman is a munchkin. That's one of the reason's I hate DC so much, he's the epitome of a child's comic, ZERO suspense, ZERO satisfying action, and ZERO characterization. Grrrr
Old 02-23-2005, 08:08 PM   #9
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Definitaly Marvel! I mean, what's DC got other than Superman for a powerhous character? Besides, Prof. X could just stop him with his mind or something. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 12:31 PM   #10
Marathon
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Definitaly Marvel! I mean, what's DC got other than Superman for a powerhous character? Besides, Prof. X could just stop him with his mind or something. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
How about the Flash, who moves at the speed of light (and faster than Professor X could think)? How do you combat that? Any speedster in Marvel is WAY slower...

Or any Green Lantern is a powerhouse of epic levels...

Wonder Woman is about as powerful as Superman, as is the Martian Manhunter. And the Manhunter has telepathy as well. Captain Marvel is a magic version of Superman. You have Zatanna, Dr. Fate and Tim Hunter for magic. Spectre for supernatural vengeance (more powerful than Ghost Rider)...

Superman used to be able to move freaking planets he was so powerful. DC would win hands down in a battle royale.

That being said, make mine Marvel anyday. More powerful does not mean more interesting.

[ 02-24-2005, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Marathon ]
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote