Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2001, 07:01 PM   #1
Greenber

I noticed a few things about gaining levels which I have not seen reflected in this forum.
First is that leveling up allows a very powerful promotion (when coupled with the various gold cheats). The key is that each time you level up you have the ability to be trained in all the guilds. You can go from level 11 sword to level 12 in one go.
Each time you reset the game all class listings are removed except for the current one. So if are a ninja and have been a barbarian, samurai, warlock, priest and ranger and choose to reset the game - start over - you are now a ninja of what ever level you have achieved and may once again train in all of the other classes. I usually chose to reset when I was a fairly low level, say two. This allowed me to gain a great deal of hit points right away, as once you surpass your highest listed class with your new one, you begin gaining normal hit points again. Somehow it did not mind granting 12 hit points to a level three barbarian who already had 109 HP - You can also gain four or more skill points (depends on Int).
Some skills can not be purchased until you reach the second town and raise your guild ranking to a sufficent level.
By the time I reached the stout mines my chars were all nearly maxed out, in both stats (you get ALOT of anks from constantly re-doing the crypt) and skills.
As I have not been able to buy sorcery this is where I have tended to spend my points
All of this works only if you don't mind replaying, over and over again, the begining of the game.
Old 02-17-2001, 07:07 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Agreed on the points for Sorcery, Greenber...actually, I split them between Sorcery and Gallantry. I've got an Assassin with 9th level Gallantry (working towards 10th level) and he's hitting for 120 points of damage per weapon (with Backstab and Stealth). I never realized Gallantry made that much of a difference. If you're going to be using a character for pure fighting rather than spellcasting, throw as many points as you can into Gallantry, as you can't train in it either.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote