Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2003, 08:30 AM   #1
Lovisa
Manshoon

I was wondering what u can do with all the gems in the game? Is there any use for 'em? I know u can use the ones that u can identify but what about the others?
Old 06-16-2003, 08:39 AM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

Nope there's not particular use for all the gems you find. But you can sell them! Some are worth a lot of money (such as Laeral's Tear Necklace, King's Tear). The only important gems are the Rogue Stone, and the Beljoril( because there's only one in the game), but you need to find out yourself what the importance of the rogue stone is

[ 06-16-2003, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: Link ]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 08:49 AM   #3
Lovisa
Manshoon

Well I've got 2 Beljuril but one I have used for the Silver Horn and the Rouge Stone hmm...I've got 4 of 'em [img]tongue.gif[/img] But ok I'll save 'em for later in that case...Well now I'm gonna sell the ones and I bet I'm gonna get very much cash for 'em cause I've got like 3 of those bags full of 'em [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2003, 08:56 AM   #4
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Do you have TOB? Some of the more valueable gems can be used to upgrade items in it although you are able to find the gems needed in the actual TOB areas as well.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:15 AM   #5
Jan

Spoiler!!

Found this in an old post:

Here's the gems you'll need for TOB:
5 star sapphires
2 rogue stones
1 diamond
2 kingstears
1 emerald

However you should be able to find all those gems in ToB
Old 06-16-2003, 10:21 AM   #6
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
The only important gems are the Rogue Stone, and the Beljoril( because there's only one in the game), but you need to find out yourself what the importance of the rogue stone is
I'd just like to point out that there are actually two Beljuril's in SoA. One is in the chickens, and the other is in the Winspear Hills... not getting anymore specific than that.
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 10:59 AM   #7
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lovisa:
Well I've got 2 Beljuril but one I have used for the Silver Horn and the Rouge Stone hmm...I've got 4 of 'em [img]tongue.gif[/img] But ok I'll save 'em for later in that case...Well now I'm gonna sell the ones and I bet I'm gonna get very much cash for 'em cause I've got like 3 of those bags full of 'em [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
You'll only need one rogue stone.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 02:33 PM   #8
spydar

what chickens where?????
gems are basically, with a few exceptions, just shinier treasure to be sold or kept at your discretion.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:38 PM   #9
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by spydar:
what chickens where?????
The next time you do the Umar Hills quest, talk to the guy close to the river in Imnesvale first.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 02:43 PM   #10
Minchandre
Dungeon Master

And be polite. Even when he insults. And don't be sarcastic either...
Minchandre is offline   Reply With Quote