Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2002, 07:25 PM   #11
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Manhunter, made back in the 70s, is a pitiful excuse for a movie.

Red Dragon was very faithful to the book and was nicely made. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] I really liked Hannibal, despite the fact that it wasn't very faithful to the book. Oh, well. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 10-31-2002, 08:31 PM   #12
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I haven't seen it but I heard it sucks, and that the original was much better.
maybe if people would post stuff on movies and books in the movies and books forum, we would have some traffic there. . .
Old 11-01-2002, 03:03 AM   #13
Zidane
Manshoon

Hiya all

I saw it last week, it was very good.

I also saw Manhunter, which I liked, but now they have got Hannibal in, I think that gives Red Dragon the edge.

Very good, I recommend it

Lady Z
Old 11-01-2002, 04:28 AM   #14
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I saw Red Dragon and I must admit that it was not as good as I had expceted it to be. But then again I am one of the few people who actually enjoyed Hannable, plus during Red Dragon I had someone biting me on the shoulder and laughing at the tense moments [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2002, 06:42 PM   #15
Lord Shield

i thought the movie was pretty good.. just one question however:

why would a blind woman wear a watch?

Old 11-02-2002, 07:04 PM   #16
Lavindathar
Harper

I've seen it.

Manhunter wasn't the original Red Dragon, it was based on the book Red Dragon. So Red Dragon is the original, Manhunter is based on it. Does that make sense? Lol.

Anyway, Red Dragon was quite a good film. Not as good as Silence of the Lambs, but alot better than Hannibal IMPO.

I really liked the "twist" near the end, (wnt spoil for people who haven't seen), but was quite dissapointed with the ending. It was just a cliched "shoot out". Overused and predicatable, but on the whole, it was good.

Would have liked the start of the film to be dragged out a bit longer, to get more of an insight into Hannibal's killings.
Old 11-02-2002, 08:12 PM   #17
shadowhound

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Would have liked the start of the film to be dragged out a bit longer, to get more of an insight into Hannibal's killings.
Same here, I was dissapoint by the lack of insight into the reason Hannable was in prison, as in seeing some of the murders.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:40 PM   #18
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i liked the movie.. actually i liked the entire hanibal trilogy [img]smile.gif[/img] from silence of the lambs to hannibal to red dragon.. i plan to watched them all straight in one afternoon next time [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 11-03-2002, 06:37 AM   #19
Horatio

Red Dragon was good. The flaming wheelchair was especially...interesting
Old 11-03-2002, 06:47 AM   #20
Lavindathar
Harper

I'd like to watch them all at once as well, I remember when I used to do it with Star Wars...

And the wheelchair was a highlight......