Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2001, 04:06 AM   #1
daiSho
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi all... i am back into the game after restarting totally, and am at the point where my party is starting to level up somewhat, and i *could* start buying their way into other guilds by using the 'ascension exploit', signing up for training and then cancelling after joining guilds... but i am wondering, will doing this upset the balance of the game? i mean, if i can join any guild and gain any of the skills within, does it really matter what class my party is anymore? i am leery to do this, but tempted too... any opinion appreciated, this being my first journey through the game i don't want to do anything to ruin the game farther along... thx all!
daiSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 08:39 AM   #2
Jazzid
Manshoon

Interesting question... '
I've decided to join all guilds with my characters, partly because finishing the quests grants you more XP. Also, I don't feel that it upsets the balance of the classes - instead it creates a greater diversity in what skills you can train in, and makes it possible to plan role ascension in advance to achive an ultimate goal for your characters. For example, I've decided to convert my priest into a zenmaster in the distant future using the path priest>paladin>warlock>ninja>zenmaster. I've planned to restart the game after I've finished it and play it as a solo campaign.

As a paladin having joined the rouge's guild and trained traps and locks, and in the warrior's guild having trained double strike, my ninja is quite powerful already from level one. In the end I'll have a zenmaster who is very powerful with a careful selection of skills.

If you have doubts about joining all the guilds early on in the game you might want to consider that when you switch classes into a new role the new guilds will open up to you nevertheless!

//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 10:11 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi daiSho!!

Joining all the guilds doesn't really upset the game balance, in my opinion, but does allow more/all of your characters to gain those important guild levels.

The first game I played, I didn't have all my characters join all the guilds and tended to keep certain characters more specialized. Second game I decided that I wanted more of my characters to be "jacks of all trades" so that I had more characters able to do healing or offensive spells etc. Joining all the guilds early in the game seemed to help a lot in their development.

You can play it either way and still do fine. Let us know what you decide to do!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 02:48 PM   #4
daiSho
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok, thanks for all the reply's, friends... ok, i think i will join the other guilds when possible, but might only use them for gaining the extra exp. and for building up basic stats... i've seen much mention about a "bug" in the game where when too many skills have been acquired they start trailing out of sight down the screen, but is this more a symptom of people using the guild exploit? maybe not a bug at all possibly, but the price paid for 'guild-greed'... hehe, i'm still not sure what route to go w/ all of my characters, maybe someone here could point me towards logical ascensions for them? real ascensions, not just the 'start training and cancel' method...

Elf Warrior
Human Warrior
Pixie Rogue
Oilophant Wizard
Human Priest
Kitty Warrior

thx again all... i'm enjoying this game more than any other in quite a long time... brings back that warm 'm fuzzy feeling i used to get playing Temple of Apshai on the Vic-20, so nice to finally have an rpg that has actual gameplay and not just eye-candy! have a great weekend all...
daiSho is offline   Reply With Quote