Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2001, 10:21 AM   #1
Tasselhoff
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If the Lord of The RIngs is a big success, Unlike D&D the movie, God I thought That movie sucked, I think the folks at TSR should, and I stress Should Work on another movie portraying what is now the most popular D&D character. I think Drizzt has even Surpassed Eliminster and And Raistlin Majere. In one of the posts someone had stated that if a movie was to be made they cant screw up the characters Like Artemis Entreri. HOW TRUE, The dude is just a beast!!! Drizzt's only competition, and They cant screw Up the Big, THe Bad THe Drow Uthegental, House Weapons Master, Oh Yeahhhhh!!! I think that the ICewind Dale Trilogies and the Dark Elf Trilogies Surpass even the Dragonlance Series in Character Personality (except for TAS of course) and in popularity. I would definetely have Dreamworks involved in a big way if this movie were ever to develop.

Tas
Old 12-05-2001, 10:26 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Yeah, I think someone should make a movie like that.
It sounds like so much fun!
BTW, love your sig!

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 12:20 PM   #3
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hey, Tas.

GREAT userID. He was definitely my favorite from Dragonlance.

I did a Post a few weeks ago entitled R.A. Salvatore fans that addressed this same topic.
As you may know, Salvatore is writing one of the books in the ongoing Star Wars series. I read an interview about it on his website sometime last year.
Salvatore said that it was, of course, a huge honor to be approached by Lucas and Spielberg to write a book in one of the most successful storylines ever.
Apart from that, though, Salvatore admitted that he hoped Lucas and Spielberg would be impressed enough with his contribution to take a look at some of his other works....specifically, the Icewind Dale Trilogy.
If LOTR lives up to it's potential at the box office, there may be a surge of interest in the fantasy genre of movies. The fan base is certainly there (this forum alone has over 5100 members...Yaaaa).
And NOBODY is better at fantasy and fiction than Lucas and Spielberg!!! I sincerely hope this comes to pass.
Old 12-05-2001, 12:49 PM   #4
Tasselhoff
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yup, I think Salvatore's best work was the Dark Elf Trilogy. He just made the reader get so immersed in the underdark world. I hope that lucas does create Menzoberranzan and I think your right about if LOTR is a success, I think other Producers/ Filmakers will have an interest in other fantasy type Movies. I cant wait for Episode 2 of the Star Wars series. I hope that bodes well for Salvatore.

Tas
Old 12-05-2001, 12:58 PM   #5
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

I'd prefer to see the dragonlance series in video. I always call my mage Raistlin. He fought the Dark Queen so he's pretty tough and he turns out good in the end. He never was completely evil. Just devoted to the magic. And he's just cool. Dragons are scared of him. Unless they did the life of Dizzt from where he becomes good and a few gof his battles there won't be much story line.
Warby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 01:08 PM   #6
Darc_Mind
Dungeon Master

it think it would be nice if someone wrote an original screen play for DnD that didnt suck as bad as the last one, and cameo apearreances from various heroes like drizzt and elmister would make a great movie with the write script.
Old 12-05-2001, 02:13 PM   #7
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i think they should have Ray Park (DarthMaul) play Artemis Entreri. he is good at playing a badguy. they need to make a rated R D&D movie, that has cool character, a sweet script, and make it about two hours. of course, it would need to have about four sequals, but that is the point. of course they could learn magic, skills, and get new and better magic, weapons, and armor as they travel. that would rock.

[img]graemlins/ninja.gif[/img]
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 02:35 PM   #8
Kaleban
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
And NOBODY is better at fantasy and fiction than Lucas and Spielberg!!! I sincerely hope this comes to pass.

You did see Episode 1 right? Apart from the Duel of the Fates sequence and the pod-race, everything else was pretty sucky. KILL JAR-JAR NOW!!!!

And if Lucas is one of the masters of Fantasy and Sci-Fi, how is it he could only come up with "Attack of the Clones" for Episode II's title?

If they were to make another D&D based movie, I hope they give it to a young director with some fresh vision, who would get good actors and some good scripts, not the Hollywood tripe that was Episode I. I would much prefer better acting and a movie that is not 95% digitally edited than some mega-bucks movie that leaves you feeling hollow inside.

Gods but Episode I was SUCH a crappy special-effects fest that I got sick of hearing about it. The ONLY way to save Episode II is to calm down on the CGI apps, concentrate a bit more on story and character, and have young Anakin the Padawan break out the saber in a fit of Dark-Side induced anger and slice up Jar-Jar into sushi.
Old 12-05-2001, 02:47 PM   #9
Darc_Mind
Dungeon Master

if you wanna make a novel into a movie, drizzt books would be good for a story centered around one guy, but for an epic sotry worthy of sequals, the DL chronicles would be a great choice.
Old 12-05-2001, 08:37 PM   #10
Dragontooth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

TAS YOUR A TRAITOR!! Raistlin rules Drist sucks!! J/K with ya never read any of the forgotten realms books. So can't place any judgement.
Now the person before me talked bad about star wars titles. Let see if these sound like cheezy titles a New Hope, and Empire strikes back. both those titles sound cheezy to me. but the thing is you was to young to place critize the title when those movies came out. After you seen the movie you loved it. SO QUIT BASHING THE TITLES sheesh. Yes the phantom menace played towards the kids. But i think your going to be dispointed with attack of the clones due to the fact this movie is going to more of a romance movie, and your g/f or wife will like it. But you do have to understand one thing though you won't see much charater developement in this new one either because all focus will be mostly on Anikin. Remember these movies is about Anikin Skywalker.
Would love to see a much better D&D movie made. would prefer Dragonlance. But if it was going to be as cheezy as that other D&D movie then they shouldn't make it at all.
Dragontooth is offline   Reply With Quote