Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2001, 01:42 AM   #1
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

How about starting a game with a Eastern Theme. Using 6 party members of your own, you will have them as characters who have travelled a VERY long way from the mystical kingdoms of the East.

Monk
Barbarian
Kensai
Archer
Assassin (ninja he he)
Sorcerer

Something to think about maybe. A different theme to the game. No Holy Avenger swords lying about. no one skilled in the Crom Faeyr, not alot of warhammering clerics, mostly blades and daggers. Few spells, mostly physical. The Easterners don't attune to magic the way the Western Kingdoms do, Their's are more spiritual and Physical.
Maybe getting rid of the Eastern Sorcerer and putting in A Eastern Totemic Druid, in tune with the spiritual animals.

Or the Evil Group of Assassins theme..

Wizard Slayer, Stalker, Assassin, Bounty Hunter, Avenger druid, Talos Priest.

He he. I think I just want to play through again.
Old 06-09-2001, 01:59 AM   #2
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

might be kind of fun but ill have to deal with it later. i just installed IWD and am gonna give that a go before i even finish my game of bg2 that i have going. nut ill keep this in mind.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2001, 02:15 AM   #3
DragonEdge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That does sounds cool, I like the Ninja/Assassin PArts to it.
I have to restart my game, I might actually follow this example, thanks.
Old 06-09-2001, 02:49 AM   #4
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I guess you missed the debate between Yorick and 250 in March on this issue. Some people have INTENSE opinions on this issue...

I guess you're planning on an Asian/Oriental party vs an (Eastern) Arabic party.

This is another great example of roleplaying instead of max gaming. Enjoy your game!

Beware the clay golems though, without any hammers!

Old 06-09-2001, 05:44 AM   #5
Vampire

Yep...great role playing!
Old 06-09-2001, 06:52 AM   #6
Leagle
Manshoon

Depends how far east, Calimshan is sorta like the Middle east, stuffed with wizards and rogues, though I must admit it is part of the western world in Faerun.
Old 06-09-2001, 10:58 AM   #7
Lifetime
Red Dragon

You don't spend much time in asia do you
There was a thread like this a long time ago when this guy was arguing that there were no spirits and the like in asian mythology.

Looks good, but the totemic druid bit is wierd. Maybe a shapeshifter or an avenger, but I know for sure that asians don't worship totems.

------------------
Why?
Old 06-09-2001, 04:20 PM   #8
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Well, who ever talked about there being no spirits and such in Asian Mythology obviously doesn't know their history. In many parts of Asia, spirits played a major part of life.
As a fanatical nut for midevil history and mythology, get me with this guy who knows nothing about eastern fantasy and history and ill be sure to shoot him down right quick.