Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2001, 01:14 AM   #1
green_athena
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Unfortunetly, I am unable to complete the Crypt. I chose the way of the Warrior, and I can't get past the grate in the fires room. I mean Can NOT. The only tips I've found on it, stated that there were levers on the sides of the room, and that the middle fire healed. The middle fire does not heal, and there are No Levers anywhere. I've no clue how to get it open. There's nothing to push pull anything. ?!??

------------------
"when I escaped I didn't feel like I got away..."
green_athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 01:20 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Green_Athena, are you going the way of the Wizard? It's the one that goes east, then north from the urn room, rather than West and South. There are no levers in that room, and I've never been able to get the clue-book's solution to work.

Best bet: carry a crate in front of you and RUN through the fire. If you time it just right, the gate will come down on the crate, leap back up, and you can make it under. You may have to try a couple of times to get it to work.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 01:29 AM   #3
Mr-Eiz
Drow Warrior

I restarted my game three times
and I could not get thru on the
third go tru
so I found a crate put it near the
gate got a second crate put it on top
got a third crate and used that one to
push the other two into the gate
walked thru them

I know it could be done with less
but I wanted to get thru

------------------
T H A N K S
Eiz
Mr-Eiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 01:46 AM   #4
Tananda
Elminster

I have passed that way during my first W&W playing. And, frankly speaking, it seems to be more easy way, that the second one (only for me may be am I not normal human being?). I did nothing - just RUN. No crates, only running. Try it, too. May be it'll work out. I hope so, at least

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 02:26 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Tananda, I'm glad that worked...but I've NEVER yet been able to get through with running. No matter how many times I've tried. I've always needed the crates.

Oh well...however it works!

-Sazerac

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 05-06-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 04:09 AM   #6
green_athena
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well... you'll never guess.... apparently, my cat is smarter than I am. Or just a better gamer. I was trying for a run through it, wasn't making it. A couple of times trying, and my cat jumped up on the keyboard, my fingers fumbled, and the gate was Open !! I'm not sure what happend... but I guess if you can't get through the gate, get a cat.
I don't suppose I could convince her to do that again. . .

Question: where is the Ring of Saints? I saw one hint where it said on the floor by a table. But WHERE ? I went looking by all the tables I could find, but no go. How deep in the crypt would even be helpful...

Oh, and, when I'm at the guild training, my cursor will say a character can't train any higher, but if I click it anyway (for instance: strenght is at 18 ..) it trains the character up! (now at 19..)
strange.

------------------
Old 05-06-2001, 06:03 AM   #7
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

The Ring of Saints appears after you accept the quest in the town temple. It's under the table in the hidden room above F'Lokis Ra's room - you'll need to ride the top of the elevator to get there.

------------------
Rick
Help, Hints & Walk-Throughs at The WWHAP
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 08:55 AM   #8
green_athena
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey, thanks!

I am starting to feel like it's just a *little* useless, though ... now I'm stuck not able to do the toad village quest, which is _supposed_ to be very simple! But I can't even find the blasted Shaman! I swam up the snake river just to find the village, talked to a toad guard and they now see me as Ukabu .. but wandering through the passages I can, and Toad villagers and Toad Guards but no shaman ?!?? this is Crazy!!
And the ladders.... the ladders. I cannot seem to go UP them. I was stuck for awhile earlier in the windmill ...I accidentally fell down to the bottom floor with the spidey, then could not get the game to let me climb back up. Is there some secret trick to climbing up? I've tried looking up, approaching straight-on, looking straight-forward, looking even down ... nothing seems to work. Bad bad design...no cookie for you!

Thank you all for all your help, though!

------------------
Old 05-06-2001, 09:49 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

green-athena -

Hurrah for your cat!!!! >^..^<

Re Ladders - are you using the number pad to move or your mouse and the arrows on the screen. I prefer the number pad. After approaching the ladder straight on, as you have done, and looking up a little using the "8" key should take you right on up! Hope that will work for you!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 09:18 PM   #10
Tananda
Elminster

green_athena, your cat is very nice player indeed, but i'm sure you would beat that gates anyway
Sazerac, it worked for me without any problems - may be it was just luck? BUT... The second way... In the fire room with two levers on the walls I had a real headache. Terrible memories! I was thinking about loading the early save and going the other way. Now I know - it was W&W's revenge for easy passing in my first time

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote