Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2002, 08:08 AM   #1
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

I accidently blew away my driver for my geforce2 MX400 graphics card last night. I was trying to install a new driver. I can't get the new drivers .exe download to open. When I try to open it I'm told the operation I requested will be shutdown and next it tells me that because of restrictions on my computer settings I can't run the .exe file. See my System Administrator. Well guess who my System Administrator is? ME! And I stupid! So What is causing this .exe file not to run? Could it be my Fire Wall and anti-virus software? I have turned both off and it still want run! Can someone help a not so swift "System Administrator"? I'm running windows 98se.
Thanks folks!!!
Old 10-29-2002, 08:17 AM   #2
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Sounds like a glitchy download because you dont need a system administrator in Win98. Also are you trying to open it after it has been downloaded or are you trying to open it from the download dialoge box that pops up when dowloads are finished?? If you are trying to open from the dialog box, try exiting Intenet Explorer and opening the file from the spot you downloaded it to.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:22 AM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Try it in safe mode after you completely uninstall any remains of the old drivers.

You might also want to go to Windows update to see if it offers a driver. If it does it will do the installation. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2002, 08:23 AM   #4
MagiK

If you still have the CD that came with the video card just reinstal and update later, if not, try to download the driver file again. Sounds like you got a bad copy. You might want to try a different source too.

Old 10-29-2002, 08:30 AM   #5
Daniel Doolan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Hunter of Jahanna is right, dont mess with the drivers , try to download the drivers from either www.download.com or www.nvidia.com the new drivers are universal so you dont have to search for drivers
Old 10-29-2002, 12:03 PM   #6
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Thanks guys! I'll try it when I get home, but just in case I download the universal driver here at work and have already exploded it. Of couse, this may be a good opertunity to get a new card! Have to think about that.