Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2001, 09:27 PM   #11
Beowulf2104
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I totally agree and see your point but just a slice of that would make for an awesome gaming experience. i don't know who to write letters to do you?
Old 07-15-2001, 09:36 PM   #12
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Well Black Isle or Bioware wont be doing it because they lost the wizards of the coast license, so your going to have to go to wizards of the coast themselves who are a bunch of fat moneygrabbing scum these days. I cant think of any other good RPG makers at the moment who could pull it off so it would have to be some up and coming group, when Interplay had the license you could count on a good game, at least back in the times of bg1, but with WotC it would be a hurried cash in so perhaps not a good idea

------------------
Old 07-15-2001, 10:31 PM   #13
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Probably your best bet for a dragonlance RPG these days is to find a group of people that want to make a high quality dragonlance module for NeverWinter Nights. It won't have the some character class breakdowns and stuff like that but you could build in alot of the atmosphere I am sure. Not only would a game company need the D&D license to make a dragonlance game but I do believe they would need the Dragonlance license as well. I have no idea who even owns that. It could be Wotc it could be Margeret Weiss and Tracy Hickman. Hell it could be General Motors (Heh its weird how some companies own other companies that have nothing to do with that business).
Old 07-16-2001, 10:23 AM   #14
Neth Mage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

God no! Dragonlance is crappy compared to forgotten realms. Does any one not remember their mages? you have to pick red robes, black robes, or white robes, and stick with that magic. how limited and boring!!!
Old 07-16-2001, 10:23 AM   #15
Gustave
The Magister

I always liked Dragonlance better than Forgotten Realms, but that is just my opinion. But as for a DL game, it would probably would be doable if you followed the basic model that BG used, somewhat linear with a lot of sidequests. One thing to remember though about DL, I don't remember seeing a lot of higher end creatures in DL besides dragons and npcs. I may be wrong, but..
Old 07-16-2001, 10:54 AM   #16
Bristowe
Elminster

Mhmm, yes, I would certainly love to see a DragonLance crpg...however, i *really* don't think how a game developer would be able to implement it. If the game were to follow the original trilogy, there isn't really much room for an outside 'party' so to speak to go adventuring alongside Tanis, Raist, etc is there? And if the PC were to be one of these characters, well, we'ed already know the story wouldn't we? I love Dragonlance, as a story, it surpasses many others and certainly surpasses Forgotten Realms, IMO on par with great JRR Tolkien (Chronicles & Legends), but I feel DL doesn't have the freedom of FR to allow a crpg to be made. Which is unfortunate. Though dk's suggestion of a NeverWinter Nights mod is, inspiring...

I do however reallyreallyreally would like to see a DL FILM TRILOGY made to the same detail and epic scale as Lord of the Rings is supposedly to be...Please with much sugar on top...

------------------
Bristowe, Master Assassin
"Everyone dies sooner or later, why not sooner?"
Old 07-16-2001, 04:23 PM   #17
trux

I think Dragonlance is the best role-playing world/story/characters around. In PnP I always love playing Dragonlance (red or black robed wizard of course, taking the test of high sorcery is some of the best role-playing I've ever had the privelege to do.)

It would be incredible if there was a Dragonlance CRPG of the same magnitude and size of BG. But like so many have already stated, no 5th age - that crap sucks. However, I think it would be difficult to set a Dragonlance game in the time of the Chronicles or Legends (which are the best series.) Bioware should get on top of that and make it happen.

------------------
--
trux
Old 07-16-2001, 04:28 PM   #18
Unknown Origin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

They already did Dragonlance back in the Gold Box. I was not very impressed with it to be honest.

FR has SO much source material, however if I were to pick the next IE setting I would like to see an extended Greyhawk adventure on the same scope as BGI and BG II.

Talk about some interesting possibilities..
Old 07-16-2001, 04:42 PM   #19
Dramnek_Ulk

seems to me that tsr are dropping everything now. Mystara,Spelljammer Dark sun and no 3rd edtion dragonlance now, anything that doesnt fit in with forgotten realms. As much as i like the FR, I dont want to be limited to just that.

------------------
Where Heroes are lost

Old 07-16-2001, 04:54 PM   #20
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
seems to me that tsr are dropping everything now. Mystara,Spelljammer Dark sun and no 3rd edtion dragonlance now, anything that doesnt fit in with forgotten realms. As much as i like the FR, I dont want to be limited to just that.

Unfortunately that's where the money is. I remember back when I was in the RPGA still. There was a *Severe* bias against dragonlance in the administration, and I bet there still is. FR is the golden child of TSR(WotC now, I guess) and DL with its smaller world/concept size always gets tossed on the backburner.

It always miffed me.