Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2001, 12:24 AM   #1
Dragon Poop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Damnit, I'm knew right? Everytime I start a game....I get to about finished with the castle scene (only scene 2)...then I come herre...read all the cool posts from about all the "other" characters and combos you guys have...then I feel like i'm missing out..AND I GO AND FRIGGIN START OVER..WHAAAAAAAA!!!...I CAN'T decide...I did this very same thing in EQ...I must be sick...yeah, thats it...I'm sick...all you "normal" guys can pick one and see it through...but me..NO!! Okay...I wanted to try a Monk...then whoa, Paladins are soo cool sounding..but monks kick their ass......Mage..yea Mage...what? You mean I can Dual wield AND Be a Mage???....yea but Barbarians can rage..oh wait ...kensia theif..yeah that one can just wipe out all of the monsters....wait ..I haven't even played a Barb yet...shit! I gotta go try it...BRB!!
Old 03-20-2001, 12:28 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Heh......it just adds to the replay value of the game.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-20-2001, 12:31 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

how about this? play a party of your own, forget about NPCs first time

human monk
half-orc barbarian
elf ranger/cleric
human assasin dual to fighter later
human kensai dual to mage later
human inquister

or try this:

elf archer
human socerer
halfling fighter/thief
half-orc fighter/cleric
human shapshifter dual to fighter later
dwarven berserker

heh, this almost covers a lot of new features. have fun.
Old 03-20-2001, 12:45 AM   #4
Nostron
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragon Poop:
Damnit, I'm knew right? Everytime I start a game....I get to about finished with the castle scene (only scene 2)...then I come herre...read all the cool posts from about all the "other" characters and combos you guys have...then I feel like i'm missing out..AND I GO AND FRIGGIN START OVER..WHAAAAAAAA!!!...I CAN'T decide...I did this very same thing in EQ...I must be sick...yeah, thats it...I'm sick...all you "normal" guys can pick one and see it through...but me..NO!! Okay...I wanted to try a Monk...then whoa, Paladins are soo cool sounding..but monks kick their ass......Mage..yea Mage...what? You mean I can Dual wield AND Be a Mage???....yea but Barbarians can rage..oh wait ...kensia theif..yeah that one can just wipe out all of the monsters....wait ..I haven't even played a Barb yet...shit! I gotta go try it...BRB!!
Dude i totally feel you man. before i found out about this board i used a Monk and played the game without regrets or anything. Now it seems like i have to check in everytime i make i move in the game so that i won't make any mistakes.

But i like this board and it's not so bad. It adds to the replay value of the game as Accord said.

Old 03-20-2001, 01:01 AM   #5
Aurican
Elminster

Its ok, we all have gone through character overload. I myself have changed my character over 20 times. They all are good, you just need to ignore everyone else and pick a class that fits you. Just stick with what you like.

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?
Old 03-20-2001, 05:07 AM   #6
Lukas
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
You think you got it bad? Here I am reading all the posts, read the guides, drooling over BG2 and how it's great, and I've not touched it beyond installing it.

Just trying to complete my current game (Jagged Alliance 2, 3rd time at it).
Old 03-20-2001, 07:36 AM   #7
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
You can do what I do - I play through with a different character everytime. Sometimes I multi with a couple of NPCs and sometimes just NPCs backing me up... I always have a blast and changing the NPCs changes the quests.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?
Wandering Joke of the Laughing Hyenas
Laughter can be a Mighty Weapon - when wielded with pizazz and accuracy! What Ho!!
Old 03-20-2001, 07:45 AM   #8
Raif Gwydionson
Dungeon Master

Hehe.

I must be weird then... I started my character as a mistake.

I've never played a D&D game before, so I didn't realize how involved the whole process was...
So in the character creation screen, I didn't actually realize that there were scroll menus on the sides, and I pumped all my points into the first four categories (pick pockets, find traps, etc.) and completely ignored the other ones that were "hidden" until about 3 levels into the game...

That's OK though, because it all worked out in the end and he *ahem* uhhhh... I mean I became pretty damn cool.

------------------
~Raif Gwydionson
Swashbuckler Extraordinaire
oxxx[=============>
Old 03-20-2001, 08:33 AM   #9
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

there are other ones, DAMN!
Old 03-20-2001, 10:42 AM   #10
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Just try and control yourself Dragon. I went through that stage too. I was worse. I've finished the game and then thought "This party isn't good enough lets try again" and promptly deleted my save game. So now I've finished the game four times and have nothing to show for it. If you really can't decide on one character then start several games and see which character you like the best. Or vow to yourself that you won't come back to this board until you've finished the game. That will make you hurry.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.