Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 04:54 PM   #1
Valhakar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am getting ahnilated by the Dwarf and his companions in the upstairs room of the inn. I came here and read the spoiler after finding them and getting ahnilated several times over. When I found them without the help of the spoiler, it reeked of an "outfitters" quest.

Is taking these guys on worth it?

Do I need to do it with everyone in the teens?
Old 03-12-2001, 05:02 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Yeah, KILL KILL KILL....
Seriously, this is a tough fight for low level parties, you might want to come back to them later. But if you feel "lucky", have Jaheria summon fire elements and woodland being to aid you. Cleric spell holy smite will work. Surround the thief with summon critters in the beginning and have you fighters take out the mage and the imp first. The next target should be the thief, then the two fighters. The key is FORCE ATTACK.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-12-2001, 05:11 PM   #3
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

You are just too damn fast, Accord !

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-12-2001, 05:14 PM   #4
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

In Irenicus´ dungeon, you should have found an Air Elemental scroll. If you summon it, it will take the dwarf out since the dwarf´s axe isnt magic so he cant hit the elemental.

And as accord said, first the mage and his familiar, then the thief (his backstabbs are terrible) and the barbarian, and the last the dwarf (if you havent used the elemental) cause he uses potions, so he will last more than the others

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Old 03-12-2001, 05:18 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Ramon, it's all from the VTEC.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-12-2001, 07:04 PM   #6
Valhakar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I never found this scroll. You do mean the very first dungeon when the game starts right? :>(

Besides Jaheria is too low level to use.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ertai_OHF:
In Irenicus´ dungeon, you should have found an Air Elemental scroll. If you summon it, it will take the dwarf out since the dwarf´s axe isnt magic so he cant hit the elemental.

And as accord said, first the mage and his familiar, then the thief (his backstabbs are terrible) and the barbarian, and the last the dwarf (if you havent used the elemental) cause he uses potions, so he will last more than the others

Old 03-12-2001, 07:06 PM   #7
T2000lbs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

actually i did crush them very simply with a low level party. all i did was rest up, gather my party downstairs then send one of my characters up, provoke them and lure one them down at a time. then its really easy, but as someone said, becareful of the backstabbing. good luck and happy huntings..
Old 03-12-2001, 08:14 PM   #8
Hesperex

I agree with Accord (here that VTEC...VROOOOOOOMMM) it's best to come back when you a level or two higher and when you have some decent magical gizmos to help you.

------------------

Master Assassin of the Holy Flame.
My website http://hesperex.8k.com

Old 03-12-2001, 08:17 PM   #9
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Heh.....
Jaheria should be able to summon fire elementals and woodland beings once you are out of the initial dungeon.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-12-2001, 08:17 PM   #10
white heron
Manshoon

I did the same.....lure them down one by one.The thief with the nasty backstab was left upstairs so i sent my whole party upstairs and when the thief makes his move a hold person spell stopped him from legging it. - he needs to be killed quickly or he'll dissapear fast.