Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2002, 05:53 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It was called to my attention via PM's that some people who spoiled got their heads bitten off by well-meaning members of the board.

Guys, while I agree *spoiling* is a disagreeable act, please do have courtesy in asking the poster of the offending thread to alter it, rather than screaming at them IN ALL CAPS LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!! That is rude, and it tends to drive potential board members away. I know it's frustrating to be spoiled, but do take a little time to be considerate. Many "spoilers" didn't do so out of malice, but out of being rushed and wanting to find an answer to something so quickly that they didn't think before they posted. Usually a polite word to them, especially if they're still on the board, is enough to get them to amend the post and next time they probably won't engage in such behavior again.

Now, if someone is consistently spoiling others after being warned repeatedly about it, let me or one of the other mods know about the behavior via PM and we'll take care of it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 08:44 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Sazerac, my sincere appoligies as I am one of the guilty parties. I often let things rub me the wrong way and forget that some things just aren't worth getting ticked over.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 09:05 PM   #3
Tiresius
Dungeon Master

I'm assuming you were probably refering to the charade that i origionaly posted about relationships. I take full responsibilty for everything. I was completely oblivious to the fact that i could edit my post and remove the spoiler. So the only thing for me to do then was to defend what i had already said. Unfortunately I failed. I basically deleted everything i said in that thread and summarized it into one sentence.

But odds are i wont post here very much anymore. Once again i am sorry in causing this big mess. And if you weren't refering to that then i just wasted about 3 minutes. It will never happen again.
Old 08-25-2002, 11:04 PM   #4
Sythe
Ra

I am sorry that I "over reacted" Really sorry honest when I look back at that thread man I feel so guilty. BIG SORRy I was in a bad moood in that day.
Old 08-25-2002, 11:13 PM   #5
Sythe
Ra

VERY sorry Tireus like I said Very sorry I just cannot get over it.

Quote: i am sorry in causing this big mess. Quote Actually I was the one that started this huge bloody mess on the first place. You keep hearing this from me again and again I am sorry sorry sorry! I do not exspect forgivness but I just want you to know that I am sorry for what I did and I regret I posted such a thing.
Old 08-25-2002, 11:16 PM   #6
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Sythe calm down. He is hopefully not emotionally scarred by everyone's emotional insensitivity. You really need to let it go.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 11:20 PM   #7
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Sythe, not to worry. The fact that you show remorse and apologized should be more than enough. We all have a bad day every now and then [img]smile.gif[/img]
The.Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 09:24 AM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Come on, guys. This isn't an issue to leave Ironworks over. As it was, I only caught the tail end of the fracas, since I was PM'd about it.

Everyone "hug" and make up, ok? There's more important things to be doing anyway, like playing games.

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote