Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 09:27 PM   #101
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
- You must keep in mind that come xPac by the end of the year, all the rules are thrown out the window, because guilds balanced for 40 people all shudder at the upcoming 25-man raid limit.
The latest patch has already thrown the entire world into chaos. Now everybody is crazy about pvping. GM/M/FM items so easily gainable now. Nobody goes to pre-naxx dungeons anymore. As soon as you character can go AB or AV. You can bet they'll stick to these. I saw a lot of lv50ish characters horde/alliance in AB/AV. All were farming insignias and honor for those GM/M/FM items. *sigh*
Old 12-22-2006, 09:38 PM   #102
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
I do think WOW is the biggest time sink, grind heavy game, and I've played tone of mmorpgs. I think this suck, because I really liked the early game and it had some great potential. I don't think it's a coincidence that pretty much every gamer that's vocal about wow is an ex wow player, and that before quiting they were vocal as wow fans. Blizzard did a great job hooking people up and hiding the time sink nature of the game. And to say they at first marketed this game as a casual player friendly game.
*Cough* RO *cough*

While WOW may have a big time sink, grind heavy game. At the end of it, You will be rewarded with the items that you have been grinding for. Unlike RO where you can spend 24/7 farming the same monster but after 2 years still couldn't get the item.

And also not forgetting the countless time needed to level your character to level 99/70 (legitimate way of course ) . Casual players will never be able to do this.

Sorry for mentioning other mmog here. RO is Ragnarok Online if anybody ponders.

[ 12-22-2006, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Old 12-23-2006, 06:14 AM   #103
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
Good thing you got in before me Spirit, because I would have done the same [img]smile.gif[/img]

I believe the term is called "Flame baiting" and maybe it should be dealt with?

Oh wait, thats what the Moderators are for, and they seem to be against the game aswell
What do you want us to do? Lock every single WOW or GW thread that turn into a VS thread? That's basically all of them.
Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
quote:
*sigh* this is what? The third time this thread turn into a WOW vs GW debate?

Yep. And if I went around in every GW thread saying "Oh it doesn't compare to WoW" or "GW is for kids with no brains" I'd see people gathering up pitchforks. And then when I go to defend comments made in a post I am being accused of starting a GW vs. WoW war. Will I defend it? Sure. Like anyone who plays GW does. But I won't and I don't start it. [/QUOTE]Actually you did go in the latest Guild Wars thread and started a debate about WOW. So Jorath Calar in a GW thread posted saying he tought GW was the better game. That's place to say it. He didn't jump in a WOW thread to bash it, he told GW fans that he liked GW. Wow, what a flame baiter.

Even in this very thread you started it all again. Yorick said he liked my post, is that a good reason enough to start the whole debate again? You didn't actually add anything new to the discussion, you just stirred things up for no reasons. Actually, now that I think of it, YOU can't show any restraints. If someone could be accused of flame baiting, it would certainly be you.

You know what, I see only one way to stop all this bickering. It's banning all discussion on both those games, because as soon as someone just mention he like one of them, the thread degenerate. Is that what you want?
Old 12-23-2006, 06:28 AM   #104
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:
Good thing you got in before me Spirit, because I would have done the same [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh wait, thats what the Moderators are for, and they seem to be against the game aswell
What do you want us to do? Lock every single WOW or GW thread that turn into a VS thread? That's basically all of them.
[/QUOTE]No, we should stop posts like Joraths, which I would quote, but he has since edited it.
Discussions are not a bad thing, but only morons flame bait, adn Joraths post WAS a flame bait IMO, if I had seen it first, I would have replied with something nasty without thinking twice.

Quote:
quote:
quote:

Yep. And if I went around in every GW thread saying "Oh it doesn't compare to WoW" or "GW is for kids with no brains" I'd see people gathering up pitchforks. And then when I go to defend comments made in a post I am being accused of starting a GW vs. WoW war. Will I defend it? Sure. Like anyone who plays GW does. But I won't and I don't start it. [/QUOTE]Actually you did go in the latest Guild Wars thread and started a debate about WOW. So Jorath Calar in a GW thread posted saying he tought GW was the better game. That's place to say it. He didn't jump in a WOW thread to bash it, he told GW fans that he liked GW. Wow, what a flame baiter. [/QUOTE]Maybe you did not see his original post
Old 12-23-2006, 06:56 AM   #105
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Maybe you did not see his original post
No, I did not see his original post. Always quote people when they say something that can cause trouble, that way you're covered.

But SpiritWarrior did start it all over again in this thread of all place. Yorik didn't edit this post. He didn't even say if he agreed with what I said, or if it had any effect on his opinion. Only that he thought my post was honest. That's hardly a reason to start the debate again.

[ 12-23-2006, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 12-23-2006, 11:04 AM   #106
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:

Quote:
quote:

Yep. And if I went around in every GW thread saying "Oh it doesn't compare to WoW" or "GW is for kids with no brains" I'd see people gathering up pitchforks. And then when I go to defend comments made in a post I am being accused of starting a GW vs. WoW war. Will I defend it? Sure. Like anyone who plays GW does. But I won't and I don't start it. [/QUOTE]Actually you did go in the latest Guild Wars thread and started a debate about WOW. So Jorath Calar in a GW thread posted saying he tought GW was the better game. That's place to say it. He didn't jump in a WOW thread to bash it, he told GW fans that he liked GW. Wow, what a flame baiter.

Even in this very thread you started it all again. Yorick said he liked my post, is that a good reason enough to start the whole debate again? You didn't actually add anything new to the discussion, you just stirred things up for no reasons. Actually, now that I think of it, YOU can't show any restraints. If someone could be accused of flame baiting, it would certainly be you.

You know what, I see only one way to stop all this bickering. It's banning all discussion on both those games, because as soon as someone just mention he like one of them, the thread degenerate. Is that what you want?
[/QUOTE]I think you are seeing only what you want to see about this this issue. It is fine for you to post how "bad" WoW is yet I get accused of stirring things up when I respond to a post of yours. You are posting in these threads complaining about how the GW vs WoW thing is so stupid yet you are the one arguing and holding the torch for GW. Whenever anyone says a thing about Guild Wars you are there, so what's the difference? Can I not be there also for my game? Especially when someone starts knocking it ignorantly without any provocation? It is true, it really looks and feels like there is some kind of bias going on.

How was calling my game, a game for kids with no brains *not* flame-baiting? Do you know I have never once said anything like that about Guild Wars just out of nowhere like that? Why would I feel the need to? Why is it always x-WoW players who feel the neeed to bash the shit out of the game. I don't do that with Guild Wars. Why wasn't this post removed when it was first posted, since it obviously causes so much trouble? Why did you let the thread go on and then actually respond with your own opinions on GW in that thread? Do you remember when a certain IW member would come on here and bash WoW and you (who played WoW at the time) would quickly tell him where to go? And now what, you can't be bothered? Well you can be bothered but instead you decide it is ME who is starting it and me who is baiting (yes it's amazing, after I posted the original threads for all to see exactly who started what). Take a good read at the people I quoted, it so happens they're all GW players too!

Seriously though, if this is the way it's gonna be then I for one would say absolutely definetly to banning all talk of either game. I would prefer to have zero discussion of it rather than people picking favourites. It becomes difficult when moderators are players too becuase it clouds judgement one way or the other. In fact, I had been considering asking Ziroc about doing it when I saw just how much this degenerated.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:55 PM   #107
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

You have no excuses for starting it again in this thread. Yes, I can be baited into posting on this subject, but you weren't baited by Yorick, you just started it.

Quote:
How was calling my game, a game for kids with no brains *not* flame-baiting?
I don't call posting this: "If I had time and inclination to play a mmorpg this would be it. Heard someone describe it as WoW for adults... with brains" in a GW thread to be flame baiting. I didn't see his original post, he edited it so whatever it was even he realised he probably shouldn't have said it. Next time someone say something you think break the rules, just report it.

[ 12-23-2006, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 12-23-2006, 08:59 PM   #108
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
You have no excuses for starting it again in this thread. Yes, I can be baited into posting on this subject, but you weren't baited by Yorick, you just started it.

quote:
How was calling my game, a game for kids with no brains *not* flame-baiting?
I don't call posting this: "If I had time and inclination to play a mmorpg this would be it. Heard someone describe it as WoW for adults... with brains" in a GW thread to be flame baiting. I didn't see his original post, he edited it so whatever it was even he realised he probably shouldn't have said it. Next time someone say something you think break the rules, just report it. [/QUOTE]What are you talking about? I posted this thread to Yorick because it was the last thread I could remember where I went and explained thoroughly why I like WoW. GW wasn't an issue. I forgot about it until Yorick posted in it. I then saw you had continued your torchbearing for Guild Wars (in a WoW thread btw) after I had stepped out of this old thread (see post a page or so back) and realized I had a response to it. That is all. A late response.

You gladly posted in this WoW thread about how bad WoW is. You easily discouraged Larry to "skip it". According to your logic it is a WoW thread 'nuff said.

Anyways this was my response to your post.

Quote:
Honest and true yes, but applies to GW or any other MMO. I look at my GW char and could think the same thing. I have nothing to show for it. Or I could think I have a develepoed char to show for it. Either way each game has numbers and I worked up thoise numbers in both GW and WoW. The question is which was more fun for me?
To me this was a modest response without bias. If I added in "Hahah WoW is more fun of course!" I could understand. But my question was encouraging people to decide for themselves. I even agreed that your post was both honest and true. The only thing I pointed out is that GW and all MMO's have grinding, in case Larry thought by reading your opinions, that this grinding was only in WOW and he would be footloose if he avoided it. The reason I even mentioned GW is because you were using it as your prime example. Otherwise I would have left it with "All MMO's".

And btw look at this, why hasn't it been deleted yet? It lurks on page two of this thread and is responsible for the whole thing. I already showed it to you once already. For some reason people think I am Lavindathar.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
I still don't think this compares to Guild Wars.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Now as for your rationalization of what is and what isn't flame-baiting let me get this straight. Any game can be knocked and bashed once the title is about another game? So I could make a thread called "WoW roxors" and call our GW players such as yourself idiots and kids basically? Come on, look what you're saying.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:21 AM   #109
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

*sigh* Why am I not surprised to see you kids still bickering between these two games? You're like a pair of five year olds; "my game is better." "No, mine is!" "No, mine is!"

I haven't played WoW. I am a GW fan of over a year now, all three chapters, through thick and thin.

BUT From all I've heard (from ppl who do play) and read about WoW, I very much doubt I would ever play it. If someone were to hand me a copy, I'd likely thank them for their kind thought and either give it back and pass it along to someone else.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:46 AM   #110
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

LOL - Garnet calls others "kids bickering" and then joins right in.

I promise to never comment about WoW in a GW thread. Heck, I promise to never read a GW thread.

This thread is officially undead -- it won't die, and it eats brains.