Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2002, 06:33 PM   #1
Kygon-Jo
Dungeon Master

Well met all. I have finished the Aurilite tempal and decided to play in the battle room. I have level a ten Ranger and a level 10 fighter. I used many combinations of spells and poitions to boost myu character up but could not get past rank of 5. Ia m a little embarassed. Anybody have any spell combos or hints about the Battle Square. I got bored and moved on but kept a save game at the battle room.
thank all.
Kygon-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 06:53 PM   #2
Rawel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The trick to the battle room for me was the rank 4 or 5 reward. The club of disruption.
The battles are very hard what i did was i cast haste, stone skin and strength of
champions on my fighter and then tried to pick the battles with mostly demons (i also
cast prot. fear). The battles won't be easy but it can be done.
Rawel

Ps.: You can also leave two chars in ne most corner of the room.
Rawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 07:50 PM   #3
Case00
Manshoon

The only spell I found I needed was Improv. Invis. I could usually get through an entire level (4-5 squares) per cast. With a sorcerer that has 6 IIs per rest period you will fly through the battles.

And Rawel is right, once you get the club, the latter battles get a lot easier.
Case00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 03:40 AM   #4
Ishanda
Dungeon Master

The giants, demons and shadows are slow and succeptable to +2 bolts from my crossbow. My character is naturally fast (haste spell for those that are not). I could easily dispatch of those enemy-types within the 60secs without ever having to go toe-to-toe. So... run away to a corner shoot the bow (I have 4 attacks) run away to another corner, shoot ... and so forth.

I also found that if need be I could compete toe-to-toe with Werewolf classes, Shadows, Giants and sometimes Ellementals. The Stoneskin protection works well. (was one of the earlier round rewards for me).
Ishanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 06:18 AM   #5
Dehamum Glouch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Cleric class can get through this pretty well via the animate dead spell.

*You can call up 6 mates to help you out, greater boneguards, zombie lords and cold bones (others? I'm only a lvl 10 priest) Try and get a variety.
*These guys last 16 hours, hence after summoning the first lot you can have a sleep and they will still be there.....with more in reserve.
*You can then buff them up with many spells....haste, champions strength, bless etc
*healing is a bit tougher for our undead lads, normal cure spells don't help but lay on hands and healing circle work.
*the priest can stand back and just use some returning darts or arrows, basically let the boys do the work. (infact he can't move in as summoned creatures tend to disappear)
*Add some attacking spells.
*You must be aware of which undead can take and give various types of damage, piercing / bludgeoning eg If a greater wolfwere (slashing dmg) appears lead in with the skeletons rather than the zombies etc
*Pick and choose enemies as some of pretty tough...like elementals.
*You can also call in other summoned creatures for fodder, lead in with them, they won't last long, but at least everybody else gets a couple of hits in.

The advise comes from skullport.com and works pretty well.

Cheers
Dehamum Glouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 01:22 PM   #6
Magness
Quintesson

Read the following thread from the BIS IWD2 board. In particular, read the very first post in the thread.

http://feedback.blackisle.com/forums...threadid=54549

Additionally, use planty of Animate Undead skellies, but use your best tank, not your cleric to do your fighting! I completed all 10 ranks last night and found that my cleric, a battleguard of tempus, just couldn't get enough hits. Switch to using my half-orc barb/fighter and he was a serious improvement.

My basic buffing package was: Mage Armor, Stoneskin, Emotion: Hope, and Champions Strength.

Once you get the club of disruption (the Rank 6 prize), this should be your primary weapon. Every so often, you'll get some easy kills from the disruptions.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 01:02 PM   #7
koz-ivan
Manshoon

as others have mentioned the club of disruption is the key. shocking how many fights could be won in the first few swings.

also you need not fight solo - the rest of your party can be in the north room, and help out in combat (using missle weapons & spells)

get a sense of what each monster is vulnerable to, and use that weakness, ex. remoraz stun easy.

[ 10-01-2002, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: koz-ivan ]
koz-ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 03:34 PM   #8
Baldassare
Dungeon Master

A chromatic orb spell seems to stun a lot or ice dagger held quite a few times for me. Easy money after that.