Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2000, 01:12 PM   #1
Sabbra

I'm back to easthaven and now I'm in batteling the new wanna be master of the city, but I have some bugs, when my mage cast Spell Death, the game crashe and I'm back to window. I tried killing the sentinel, but they are like the troll, they go unconscience to come back, and till now I did not find a way to kill them completly, and indeed I cast proctection from lighting on all my party member. Any hint/help would be appreciated?
Old 07-14-2000, 07:45 PM   #2
Der_Nibelung

This is what I did. Those guards will focus on one of your characters, keep him moving around in circles. The others you should equip with missile weapons and start to target the different main dudes. He mirrored imaged himself but they act independantly. When you hit the correct one, one image will dissappear. Keep repeating until he is dead, then the guards will die. They disband when main guy is dead!
Old 07-14-2000, 08:53 PM   #3
Wretched

Y'know, I wonder... did *ANYONE* kill the sentinels before the main guy? I did! They at first would fall unconscious like trolls, but if you keep whackin' them, they eventually quit getting up.

I cast Protection from Lightning on all my guys, then cast Defensive Harmony, and the sentinels could really do nothing to hurt my team. I beat them all into pulp, then went after Ponab (the shopkeeper), sending a different character after each version until we had found the right one.

Incidentally, I ran outta arrows before I fought the main boss.... the first time! My poor bard and mage had to equip hand weapons, and mainly try to run if a monster focused on them. I can't believe I made it to the end with this bunch of goofballs.
Old 07-17-2000, 02:54 AM   #4
JoeyBlir

Another tactic to kill the shopkeeper more easily (maybe) is choose any one of the false ones to attack and then quickly hit pause (space.) If you look in the dialog, most times it will say that you're attacking a fake (whatever his name is), but if you attack the right one, it'll say his real name without the work "fake." If you keep concentrating on him, you'll kill him quickly.