Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2001, 05:41 PM   #1
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

What do YOU think?
Old 08-23-2001, 06:41 PM   #2
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

On dear... I've heard rumours about this. They're actually going ahead with it? I was a big Star Trek fan when I was younger but now there are so many spin-offs it's starting to loose it's appeal. Will this one be any better? Should they just let poor old ST die?

I'll reserve judgement. Point me in the direction of a good website for the new series and I'll have a look.

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
Old 08-23-2001, 08:40 PM   #3
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Who knows. I think most of them always get good after the first couple seasons. The later next generation ones all got better as they went along.
Old 08-24-2001, 01:15 AM   #4
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Yeah, but then there was Voyager which proved the theory of de-evolution. What concerns me is that the current powers that be (PTB)are the same ones from Voyager. I think they are tired and worn out and really messed with the Trek timeline or totally disregarded continuity all together. Perhaps Scott Bakula will give a great performance.
Old 08-29-2001, 02:30 PM   #5
DEADMAN
Manshoon

This is a bit late, but the concept is scary. With thier since of continubity there probably going to screw everything theve already established and the ship is a bit to hi tech for the time of this series.
Old 08-29-2001, 04:21 PM   #6
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Probably going to be like the Star Wars prequels(Episode one and two), which sucked compared to the original ones.
Old 08-29-2001, 04:28 PM   #7
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

It's going to blow. Everything has gotten better and more advanced, and we know what is eventually going to happen, so why go back? Why not continue on in the future?

I hate to relate the two, but it didn't work with episode 1, so why would it work with "Enterprise".

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-29-2001, 04:47 PM   #8
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

I think it will suck compared to the original and most recent work. Yes, the effects will be good. But come on, give me a break. Hey, what do you think of THIS:

Opening scene will probably be the Space Shuttle "Enterprise" taking off from Cape Canaveral to link with the ISS. At which point, they will meet the Romulans and be attacked by the Klingons and subsequently, be destroyed. In indignation, the US government will take on the role of Savior and will devote all of their ressource to modify their new Missile Defense System to protect us all. The Romulans will be brought in and will form an alliance with earthlings. Thanks to their knowledge - and American superiority in both moral issues and technology, we will achieve great leaps and will produce our first starship carrying gun and photon torpedoes. The UN will go to trash which will unleash nuclear armagedon. A new world order will emerge, and lead by Americans, will try to set for a new Interstellar UN type of alliance. The Klingon will refuse to join. War. That's when Tiberius Kirk, James Grand Uncle, will be introduced. Commanding the brand new USS Enterprise A, he will go after the bad Klingon and kill most of them (not all of them... you need them for the future).

End of story, throw your pop corn, drink your pop and leave.

Nah, this sucks, stick with the future.

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 08-29-2001).]

Old 08-29-2001, 04:57 PM   #9
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryanamur:
I think it will suck compared to the original and most recent work. Yes, the effects will be good. But come on, give me a break. Hey, what do you think of THIS:

Opening scene will probably be the Space Shuttle "Enterprise" taking off from Cape Canaveral to link with the ISS. At which point, they will meet the Romulans and be attacked by the Klingons and subsequently, be destroyed. In indignation, the US government will take on the role of Savior and will devote all of their ressource to modify their new Missile Defense System to protect us all. The Romulans will be brought in and will form an alliance with earthlings. Thanks to their knowledge - and American superiority in both moral issues and technology, we will achieve great leaps and will produce our first starship carrying gun and photon torpedoes. The UN will go to trash which will unleash nuclear armagedon. A new world order will emerge, and lead by Americans, will try to set for a new Interstellar UN type of alliance. The Klingon will refuse to join. War. That's when Tiberius Kirk, James Grand Uncle, will be introduced. Commanding the brand new USS Enterprise A, he will go after the bad Klingon and kill most of them (not all of them... you need them for the future).

End of story, throw your pop corn, drink your pop and leave.

Nah, this sucks, stick with the future.

Where did you get that info from? You know more than I do. I was just reading a site that vaguely outlined the concept.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-29-2001, 05:00 PM   #10
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
Where did you get that info from? You know more than I do. I was just reading a site that vaguely outlined the concept.

Deep down in my subconcience.

I made it up... it does sound pretty bad but somewhat realistic doesn't it?