Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2002, 10:23 AM   #1
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Just when you thought you've seen it all.

http://europe.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/eur...ism/index.html
Old 12-18-2002, 10:43 AM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Judge Johnny seems to know better then the Dutch justice system who are terrorists and who are not... You should get your own talkshow mate.

[ 12-18-2002, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Old 12-18-2002, 11:12 AM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Judge Johnny seems to know better then the Dutch justice system who are terrorists and who are not... You should get your own talkshow mate.
Fyi, that guy Trabelsi made a full confession, they have pictures of him sitting next to Bin Laden in an Afghan trainingcamp, and they taped phonecalls. You don't have to be a judge to know these guys were up to something, what more evidence do you need ? Now they'll walk away, probably with a nice sum of money to go along with it. Something is not right here.
Old 12-18-2002, 11:16 AM   #4
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Question Mark

Quote:
And Smart-A$$ Dreamer seems to not bother reading the linked article.

If you *READ* it you will note that the charges were dropped on a technicality.

Quote:
Judge S. Van Dooren said the case fell on procedural grounds because the evidence against them was improperly obtained
Although, to be fair, it *does* say right after that:

Quote:
Even if the evidence had been admitted, it still would not have been enough "to link them to an international terrorist organisation," said the judgment passed by the three-judge tribunal.
*reads further*

Hmmm...maybe I'm the crazy one, but it would seem that

Quote:
stealing passports and credit cards
Quote:
Videos featuring al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden
Quote:
fake passports, driving licences and credit cards
and
Quote:
contacts with Mohammed Atta, the suspected leader of the September 11 hijackers in the United States, and Richard Reid, charged with trying to blow up a Paris-Miami flight with explosives in his shoes
are pretty damning evidence.

Hmm...they must just define 'reasonable doubt' differently in Holland. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 12-18-2002, 11:18 AM   #5
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Thats really troubling. I'd hate to admit that such is the way the system works.. the price of freedom can be pretty high.
Old 12-18-2002, 11:19 AM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
quote:
And Smart-A$$ Dreamer seems to not bother reading the linked article.

[/QUOTE]Actually, I had read the article completly. But such is the way the law works. Though there are always people who think they know better.

Quote:
The court also said that investigators had not obtained all evidence in a legal manner, but that even if this had been properly done, there was still insufficient proof the men were planning to bomb the U.S. embassy.
Quote:
stealing passports and credit cards
Videos featuring al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden
fake passports, driving licences and credit cards
Sounds more like a bunch of small time criminals to me... there are plenty of Muslims who admire Osama bin Laden, just as there are plenty of criminals who fake passports and the likes just for profit.

[ 12-18-2002, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Old 12-18-2002, 11:21 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Thats really troubling. I'd hate to admit that such is the way the system works.. the price of freedom can be pretty high.
You're damn right it is. I would like to see the look on that judge's face, when those same guys blow up a building somewhere in Holland, or elsewhere.
Old 12-18-2002, 11:27 AM   #8
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
You're damn right it is. I would like to see the look on that judge's face, when those same guys blow up a building somewhere in Holland, or elsewhere.[/QUOTE]Actually in this case I would think it would be the police with egg on their face. As they should have legally collected the evidence. Regardless, unless we are willing to give complete control over to the government and accept dictatorial rule these sorts of things will still happen.
Old 12-18-2002, 11:36 AM   #9
WillowIX
Apophis

Easy folks. [img]smile.gif[/img] But surely these people will be punished for stealing passports. Or? Connecting that with terrorism might be tougher though. Can we call you JJ now johnny? I´d like that. [img]smile.gif[/img] (Just teasing deary [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img] )
Old 12-18-2002, 11:37 AM   #10
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

It would appear Rokenn managed to bring my point forward far more diplomatic then I did . If you want my opinion, just read his post instead of mine..