Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 01:39 AM   #1
larin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sunglass Man

K...I dont know everyone's name
I know Ziroc...Wellard...Mozenwrathe...is it Robert the bard?...and I am sooooo sorry I do not remember the lady who greeted Larin Moonstar upon my first foray in the Mountain and basically gave me everything...(a special thank you to you my lady)..Ive been gone for awhile because Ive been playing NWN itself...but I just wanted to say to all...THANK YOU!...I love EFU...I used to play this mod back in 1992 when it came out...we spent may an allnighter in the undermountain... to be able to take my original character through this unbelievable adaptation of the most amazing box set ever created for the Realms is quite literally a dream come true....so once again I thank Meliekki for this world you have created.

Sincerely
Larin Moonstar
(Will Waters)
Old 01-06-2007, 01:53 AM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I know that Ziroc has tried his hardest at making this a true representation of the old game you speak of as well as the novel in the Forgotten Realms series. I hope to soon see you in there myself, once I get out of my classes and can actually involve myself in something so time-consuming as EfU.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:06 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Welcome Will! Yep, Undermountain is my favorite setting, and it's HUGE! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I've read nearly every Forgotten Realms novel, and loads of tie-ins are in EFU as well.

If you like Undermountain, go grab "Escape From Undermountain" the Novel-- ebay has it, its one of my favorite FR novels, and brings Undermountain alive in so many ways--I got LOADS of designs and ideas from that novel.

Good to see ya, meet you in game sometime!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:23 AM   #4
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Only thing to bear in mind is that some of those ladies may not be - I almost exclusively play female characters and Rob seems to play a fair few (and no, I don't believe there is any deep-founded reason for this, just in case anyone is asking).

I know I have given away a vast amount of equipment recently and am fairly certain some was to you, to which you are more than welcome. Given the amount of assistance I was given when I first appeared as a newbie in EFU, and at various times since, I think I can safely say all that is expected is that one day you will find someone new to look after and will repay the favour to them.

We live to help fellow travellers in the Undermountain, and kill as many monsters as Ziroc can come up with, even when it takes a small party to do so.

And remember to bow to Choc.

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:06 AM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Are you ready for the deepseated reason? With the exception of "themed" characters, I generally flip a coin for gender. My cleric Daughter of Winter was a concept I came up with while in the Ice Cave off of lvl 11, and of course, there was the "Mistress of Pain" build...

The "Pay it Forward" concept is valid. I too received lots of help with new characters after we went server vault, and still do, sometimes. You will find yourself in a position to be able to dole out large sums of cash, or empty one of your stash bags on a new player, and then they will be here praising you for it. Undermountain is a tough place, and we all know it. Helping you is a pleasure.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:19 AM   #6
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

We all enjoyed bowing to the Mistress of Pain.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:57 AM   #7
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I was one of the ladies who greeted you (and yes, I really am female) but I'm not responsible for any of the goodie-exchange.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:33 PM   #8
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

She was actually quite fun to play. Effective too, but quite fun.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:12 PM   #9
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Sad

Well, it wasn't me.
Still, if you are ever looking for assistance or items, just let us know. Most of my characters carry around 15 bags worth of items just in case. Glad to see you are enjoying the server, Larin, and I hope to game along side you soon. *thumbs up* I did see you online I believe your first or second night in, and I tried to snag you into a party. I'm like that. *grins* In any case, welcome to you and hope you stay for a long while.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:49 PM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hello Larin! I'm pretty sure my characters haven't met you yet as I've not been in the Undermountain for a bit, but fair travels to you til we do!

I agree with the others- sharing our fortunes is a good thing and we tend to do it alot. [img]smile.gif[/img] Welcome back!