Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2002, 09:05 PM   #11
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Arvon:
Hell by the time she's 18 she'll have eaten 50 pounds of bugs. The USDA has a permisable limit on the amount of bugs and bug parts that can be in certain foods. Also rat and mice droppings. Some bugs may be dangerous because they carry illnesses.
My wife is getting her Masters Degree in Nutrition...I found out just now that hot-dogs contain the highest amount of the above mentioned "stuff" you said. That is really...really freaking gross. She said that if it was not permissible...then most of the food we eat daily would not be permissible. Y.U.C.K.

On the other hand, she said that if it bothered my that bad...that I should eat baby-food...like Gerber...which is NOT allowed by the USDA to contain ANY of the afore-mentioned ca-ca...it is 100% pure and clean...teh only clean food available.
Old 09-22-2002, 09:45 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Larry, I don't think she's in any danger, but ewwwwwwwwwwwww, that sounds yukky! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And uh.. this thread just made me think twice about eating again.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2002, 09:52 PM   #13
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Larry,

I honostly wouldn't worry about her. I'm sure she will be perfectly alright. My wife works in an office with 3 pediatricians and we've made plenty of visits to them with all 3 of our boys.

When MaryBeth vomited the moth back up, she also purged her system of any contaminants it would have had on it. When a child is poisoned or a kid O.D.'s on drugs, the FIRST thing any doctor will do is INDUCE vomiting. This cleans the system out naturally.

I would just call the doctor's office tomorrow and ask them over the phone if she should be brought in. I can almost garuantee they will tell you the same thing, that if she didn't ingest it, she should be in no danger.

Kids....gotta love em!

[ 09-22-2002, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Cerek the Barbaric ]
Old 09-22-2002, 10:47 PM   #14
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Okay...so I am a over-reacting daddy of a two-year old!
Surely you older fathers suffered as I now suffer, right? Mommies too?

Well, I am gald for you guys/gals always being there to calm me down. I us ethis forum as a source of valuable information...and I always appreciate everyone that contributes. The best thing is that I don't have to pay any of you!
Old 09-22-2002, 11:20 PM   #15
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
The best thing is that I don't have to pay any of you!
But assistance is always appreciated.
Old 09-22-2002, 11:38 PM   #16
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

This reminds me of the time I inhaled a mosquito... through my nose. There I was, at an open-air food stall eating my meal. When I finished, I stretched out my arms and breathed in deeply.

And a mosquito flew into my nose... ...

Since I was breathing in, me reflex was to snort in and man did it freak me out to feel the bug go through my nose, and into my windpipe( where I presumed it eventually ended up in my digestive tract).

I lost my appetite for dessert.
Old 09-22-2002, 11:49 PM   #17
myungbass
Manshoon

i got stung on the testicle once (am i allowed to say that?)...i hate bugs:\ and i'm pretty sure that the bee had a large dislike for me as well
no no! put it on rocco ya look scary!<br /><br />now rocco, are ya sure yer oh-bee kay-bee? ::snicker::<br /><br />Shepherds we shall be<br />For thee, my Lord, for thee.<br />Power hath descended forth from Thy hand<br />So feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.<br />We will flow a river forth to Thee<br />And teeming with souls shall it ever be.<br />In Nomeni Patri Et Fili<br />Spiritus Sancti
Old 09-23-2002, 12:00 AM   #18
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I got a bee tale too. Years ago, I was sitting in the garden reading the newspaper when I saw a bee buzzing nearby. My reaction to bees has always been the same, stay still. The problem was, this bee was sadistic( whether or not it was intentional, who knows).

It landed on my slipper and crawled inbetween my right foot and the slipper. Now... had this been a wasp, I would not mind... but this was a fuzzy bee, fuuuuzzzzy bee. Never had man been subjected to such torment in deciding between a tickle torture, or a sharp sting... ...

I gripped the newspaper and clenched my teeth, then I grapped onto the grilled door next to me and forced every single muscle in my body not to move. It was not easy... ...

A few minutes later, the bee finally crawled out and flew away while I was still in agony from strained muscles. Nowadays when I see a bee nearby, I slowly but surely, place my feet on the ground firmly.

I got a spider encounter too, quite recent in fact. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2002, 12:06 AM   #19
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
My wife is getting her Masters Degree in Nutrition...I found out just now that hot-dogs contain the highest amount of the above mentioned "stuff" you said. That is really...really freaking gross. She said that if it was not permissible...then most of the food we eat daily would not be permissible. Y.U.C.K.
Do they mention this stuff on the ingredients? I guess they wouldn't, but then again you would have to. But then again, I think when you say "most foods" that is referring to most meats, am I right? Heck, they can't help it if a rat finds itself in the grinder, let alone a few dozen flies and maggots. I can't really picture anything else containing a high percentage of bug, maybe bread? or canned goods? Boxed cereals I can understand, considering that Food Lion incident..
Old 09-23-2002, 05:11 AM   #20
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Naw there is some in just about all but baby food.I think it's because it's rated in bug parts,how would you ever see it if a couple of ground up spider legs made it into your can of creamed corn.There are also exceptable amounts of rodent hairs and rodent droppings.Yup rat turds.A couple years back it came out that Carona beer had the highest amount of those magic nugget.It's not like you would see them rolling around at the bottom the production process would pulverize them.Something to think about as well.If you keep a glass of water on the nightstand just given the number of times you taken a gulp in that half asleep mode just wonder what you might have washed down.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook