Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2001, 05:05 PM   #1
Pudney
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm new to Baldur's Gate (though I've played and completed Baldur's Gate 2) and I'm wondering what the best group would be for a neutral good character. Also does the alignment matter too much in Baldur's Gate (I went through Baldur's Gate 2 with a half good party and a half evil party!).

Thanx

PS, just looking at other message, and I was wondering what this "Killer" had done to get u all annoyed so much?
Pudney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 05:35 PM   #2
firegod
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dear Pudney

I share your query on Killer and would like to say that yes it does matter your allignment because often Good and Evil will fight in your group.
firegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 05:58 PM   #3
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

WELCOME PUDNEY!

I'm playing at being wecomer today

Yes it matters. Even in BG1 opposite alignments have been known to kill each other. Jaheira & Khalid just took one look at two people I had with me when they joined and killed 'em on the spot, once!

And whatever your alignment, I find it a good idea to have 2 Fighter types, 2 Cleric types, 2 Mage types and a Thief. So you will need Dual and Multi characters in your team - but these are actually easier to get than single-class characters, anyway. Getting single-class has always been my aim, as far as possible.

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 06:13 PM   #4
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

About alignment, just try to keep your reputation according to your alignment (that will happen if you roleplay the game). It would be silly to have a good aligned party with 5 reputation , and viceversa (though being evil and having a good reputation isnt that strange, even in Real Life ).

And about killer, he was just a guy who tried to spoil the other people´s fun, posting deliberate spoilers without prior advice. He also posted silly things in BG2 forum, and even if we adviced him to stop, he didnt, so now we´ve had to ban him. Everybody is welcomed here, except people who dont wanna join the fun

------------------
"TEEHEE !!!!" -The Mighty CloudQueen, to Ertai
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 05:53 PM   #5
Pudney
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanx for the response every1

I think I'll go thru the game with a multi-classed Fighter-Mage-Thief

Gonna take me ages to level up though!
Pudney is offline   Reply With Quote