Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2002, 07:56 AM   #1
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

how do you set up your proficiencies??
at the moment ive got a lvl 12 kensai profincies:
katana +++
two weapon style+++

i think thats what i have anyways at the moment im wielding two katanas+1 kno i kno they aint that powerful but theres 2 katanas +3 and that really cool katana whos name i cant remember

ive never used a kensai before so any suggestions for any useful equip would be welcome
Old 02-01-2002, 08:41 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Well, I think that the Katanas is the perfect weapon for the Kensai.
My Kensai is a killer-machine with the two katanas Celestial Fury and Malakar!
The only bad thing about the Kensais is that they cant wear any armour.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 08:46 AM   #3
Archon Devangilous
The Magister

the only time i have found wen i need armour is if i get double teamed where one comes from behind if theres two guys directlyin front of me i barely get scratched but apart from that no armour didnt bother me like i thought it would
Old 02-01-2002, 10:14 AM   #4
Jim
Quintesson

The kensai is more suited to the more damaging 2-Handed weapons IMO. In SoA, a kensai with

2-handed sword *****
2-handed weapon style **

works extremely well, and there are some damn nice blades. In ToB, set this to quarter staffs as within that proficiency lies the most damaging weapon in the game

spoilerish
The staff of the ram +6

My kensai was hitting for over 50 damage with each hit (100+ critical), with most enemies needing just 2 hits to fall by the end of ToB

Since you've already started placing slots into the katana and 2-weapon style, continue placing them until you're grandmastery with them, then equip celestial fury, and eventually equip Crom Faeyr in the off hand (so place your remaining slots into warhammers) to hit for some serous damage.

In terms of equipment, I found the following a decent setup:

Helmet: Pale Green loun stone
Amulet: Shield Amulet
Ring of Gaxx
Ring of protection +2 (3 in ToB)
Cloak of the Sewer eventually using the cloak of mirroring

Since you cannot wear armour, you need to strive to attain the best practical AC:

With a base DEX of 18, your kensai will have AC4. Ring of Gaxx and Protection+2 brings this to 0. Cloak of the sewer makes -1. Then use the shield amulet to gain AC -7 for 5 turns IIRC. If you have a mage in your party, cast spirit armour to set AC to -10. If you wern't dual wielding or wielding a 2-handed weapon, you could use ** in single weapon style to give a +2 AC bonus. You could also alternatively use the dusty rose loun stone to gain another +1, but it's much more practical to have 10% more HP using the pale green stone. Don't forget the Dak'kon Zerth's katana from Dierdrie (bonus merchant) in the adventurers mart, giving you +1AC.

Hope this helps
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote