Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2003, 07:02 PM   #1
Stratos
Vampire

I just came home from a party, just to find my cat doing his annual ritual at this time of the year; hiding in his litter tray from the barrage we call 'Fireworks'.

So where has your cat/dog/snake/spider/iguana/ been doing during all the fireworks? Has or she been hiding or just chilling?

[ 12-31-2003, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 12-31-2003, 08:25 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

You gotta make some kind of better hiding place for your cat Stratos LOL! The litter box? Your cat certainly can't prefer that particular hiding spot LOL?

My cat has a few places, her favorite is under the spare bed (is just a single sized bed with a very big queen sized overlapping comforter on it). So she gets a nice tent feel under there LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 12-31-2003, 08:38 PM   #3
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

My cat is sitting next to the fish tank I cleaned out, admiring the guppies. Fireworks aren't legal here.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:36 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Your poor cat! My little one is scared of most things, especially thunder storms, but I don't think she heard the fireworks last night. She has various hiding spots for different degrees of scariness - she starts off between the sofa and endtable, then moves downstairs to a 'fort' on a table surrounded by cushions, then under someone's bedquilt. Of course the last is the most conspicuous, given the cat-sized lump under the quilt, but she seems unaware . Our dog is only scared of smoke alarms, so she wasn't worried.

It's so sad every year when you read the stories in the paper advising people to lock up their pets before the fireworks - you would think they would be clued in by now! But then after Christmas and new year there's thousands of lost pets at the RSPCA. The other day there was an article about the influx of pets dropped off after Christmas - unwanted gifts and people going on holidays so they abandon their pets. One woman's excuse was that her 12 month old cat had loose morals and kept getting pregnant. The solution was obvious! - get rid of the cat! [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2003, 11:41 PM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Choc doesn't mind it at all.. And people around here must have loaded up with fireworks, because it's worst than the 4th of July! [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm talking those mortar shells too. Loud. I had some of those for the 4th. Damn things have some bass!

Choc at first 'looked' around like 'what is that?' then he just ignored it..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 01-01-2004, 12:12 AM   #6
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

My dog starts barking but wont get up. Lazy dog.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:25 AM   #7
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
I just came home from a party
I'm just heading to a party, not coming back! Ball dropped 20 minutes ago, Happy New Year!

"No, I only lied about being a thief."