Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 07:40 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

My goodness this forum is slow and a bit boring atm. It's really all yall's faults I'm making this thread, so blame yourselves and live with the consequences. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Well humans have emotions, and animals do, but do bugs? I mean when bugs fight is it just instinct or do they really get pissed off? Can you piss off a bug? And if so, how can you tell?

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 07:44 PM   #2
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Don't bug me..
Old 02-24-2005, 07:46 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Not sure , but i think Ants in the Pants must have some serious Jedi-like emotioncontrol. How else could an ant survive in our pants ?
Old 02-24-2005, 07:47 PM   #4
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

How can you tell when they get mad? Ever see the movie Eight Legged Freaks?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 07:47 PM   #5
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Here's a story about a bug on a website I found recently. Shows that bugs must have emotions! (Edited for forum rules)

Quote:
It was a hot day. I was watching a little red ant/wasp/beetle thingy (I swear, it looked like all three rolled into one) walk across the ground. I'm bored, and doing something to this bug will amuse me. I take a mouthfull of water and spit it on the bug, expecting to see it wiggle around and splash for freedom in my little puddle of saliva water.

*SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETCH!!!!!!*

The little bug reared up on its hind legs and looked at me, and screamed at me. Holy CRAP!! A bug is screaming when I pour water on it. This is the coolest thing I've ever seen! I spit more water on it, and it announces its displeasure at me again, only THIS time it sprouts wings from somewhere and flies right at me. Mad.

I did what any other bad-ass Ranger would do in this situation. I screamed like a little girl and took off running.

It stings me. Or bites me, whatever--and it HURT. I'm angry now at this little hybrid insect. I want revenge. I fill my mouth again and BLAST a gob of water on it. This time, as it rears up to screech at me, I SLAMMED my canteen down on it, crushing his little body. THAT'LL teach you to screw with ME you little bug.

I pick up my canteen again, and promptly get stung again. By the screaming bug. Apparantly, it's exoskeleton is made of titanium. I'm mad, hurt, and intrigued, all rolled into one. I start slamming my canteen on it over, and over, and over again.

IT WON'T DIE!!!

I crush it with my boot by jumping up and down on it. It finally dies, but leaves this horrible stink, like deer-guts when you first field dress them. That was one bad-ass bug.

I got farted on by a stinkbug once. Little bastid actually turned his ass towards me and *PFFFT* blew a number 9 at me.

Had a dung beetle roll a nice fresh piece of poop right across my plate during chow time once too.

Been stung, bit, shit on, farted at, screamed at, and anything else you can think of, by the smallest things in nature. God must've made those screwed-up bugs on the same day he made the Platypus. The dude definately has a weird sense of humor.

[ 02-24-2005, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: SomeGuy ]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 07:52 PM   #6
Ladyzekke

I actually had ants in my pants once Johnny LOL. In this old house we rented 5 years ago with a lot of old woods around it. Frikken ants were everywhere, in the spring they'd pop up between the cracks of the wooden floors. You drop a tiny crumb and the next day a million of them would be piled on it, was insane. Well I walk around when it's warm in shorts and barefoot, and so one day I guess I must have stepped on some, and went to my PC chair, and sat like I always do, cross-legged, and they must have ran from my feet and into my shorts! Boy do I miss that house, NOT [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Sir Degrader - No. I hate spiders LOL, so make it a point to avoid any spider movies, *shudder*

Reality Show Recaps
Old 02-24-2005, 07:57 PM   #7
Ladyzekke

OMG that was hilarious Someguy!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 02-24-2005, 08:02 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
A new species has been discovered... AntsInWendy'sPants.

Btw...spiders are not bugs, spiders eat bugs.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:19 PM   #9
Ladyzekke

Well I mean "bugs" as insects in general, including spiders!

Now I do remember once, at that same dang house, we had a roommate who rented the basement, and he had just moved out and I went down there to vacuum the carpet. Well I noticed this little hole in the wall about 7 inches from the floor, bout half inch in diameter. This is also where the roommate used to have his bed LOL. So I'm vacuuming and the vacuum is hitting the wall a few times as I'm taking the upsweep and this fatass black spider just comes running out of the hole, not far though, just outside at the entrance. It DID seem he got pissed off LOL, dunno. At the time all I was thinkin was the roommate probably had him crawling on his bed at night ACK!

But still, is it emotions or instict to just protect itself? I mean does an insect have a bad day LOL and just gets in a bad mood LOL?

Reality Show Recaps
Old 02-24-2005, 08:35 PM   #10
Jorath Calar
Harper

Instincts in insects... phew... there is a toungetwister... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, over here around august hornets get this "We are all going to die anyway while this fat ass bitch lies in the comfy lair, why don't we go out and pick some serious fight with the humans..." attitude. So you only have to wak passed them and they pretend to get seriously mad and chase you for several blocks... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sheesh I hate those guys...

[ 02-24-2005, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote