Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 11:08 AM   #11
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:

(I'm not the main man I'm the main man's mother's eldest son!)
In the mangled words of the glorious old bard :
"Is this a cameo I see before me? Out out damned spot" - you have been outed [img]smile.gif[/img]

You are SPRUNG you sly old dog - I knew it was you BEFORE I got to this disclaimer. [img]smile.gif[/img] Happy 50th for the end of the month.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:55 PM   #12
Violet
Manshoon

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
quote:
Originally posted by Violet:
Davros,
Princess?

Oh bother and befustication - I have my flowers mixed up don't I? Twas Princess Buttercup in "The Princess Bride" and not the Princess Violet - my misatke. Pardon me good lady - I must have been addled with Boogre Brew or some libation of similar timbre. Nevertheless, chivalry doth settle oddly pon my shoulders fair maiden, for verily I would declare thou art, at the the last, the truest Princess in these here parts [img]smile.gif[/img] . [/QUOTE]Um, OK. (I hope you don't mind me saying that with as little contact as we have had that strikes me as just a little on the creepy side). Considering the powers held in Boogre Brew though----well, nevermind.
[img]\"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/VioletMcKeever/AniV.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />A Man With Poetry On His Lips Also Has Wings On His Heart<br />The Harder You Run From Your Dreams, The Harder They Run After You<br />I Am Not A Human Having Spiritual Experiences, I Am A Spirit Having Human Experiences<br />Smart As A Whip; Heart Of Gold; Tough As Nails; Lost In The Woods
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:23 AM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
quote:
quote:
Davros,
Princess?

Oh bother and befustication - I have my flowers mixed up don't I? Twas Princess Buttercup in "The Princess Bride" and not the Princess Violet - my misatke. Pardon me good lady - I must have been addled with Boogre Brew or some libation of similar timbre. Nevertheless, chivalry doth settle oddly pon my shoulders fair maiden, for verily I would declare thou art, at the the last, the truest Princess in these here parts [img]smile.gif[/img] . [/QUOTE]Um, OK. (I hope you don't mind me saying that with as little contact as we have had that strikes me as just a little on the creepy side). Considering the powers held in Boogre Brew though----well, nevermind. [/QUOTE]LOL, our Davros never was a candidate for MENSA so I'm betting that brew took a few of the best cells with it. j/k, Dav [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2005, 07:22 PM   #14
Davros
Takhisis Follower

LOL - now Cloudy is calling me a dimwit [img]smile.gif[/img] . Well I had decided to keep a lower profile on this thread, but now it seems to be open season on Davros. I am facing the sort of persecution a Sultan must feel when his harem has declared Kajuralia. Woe is me - alas and alack

Actually Cloudlet, I meet all the requirements for MENSA - just seems such a pointless and meaningless club to join though. Besides - I have met lots of so called smart people in life who were just plain dumb in living it. Being smart just means that one can interpret a situation, collect data, analyse it fairly well, and come to the correct conclusions. I know very well that I am not alone in being able to do something like that.

[ 04-24-2005, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Davros ]
Old 04-25-2005, 07:22 AM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
LOL - now Cloudy is calling me a dimwit [img]smile.gif[/img] . Well I had decided to keep a lower profile on this thread, but now it seems to be open season on Davros. I am facing the sort of persecution a Sultan must feel when his harem has declared Kajuralia. Woe is me - alas and alack

Actually Cloudlet, I meet all the requirements for MENSA - just seems such a pointless and meaningless club to join though. Besides - I have met lots of so called smart people in life who were just plain dumb in living it. Being smart just means that one can interpret a situation, collect data, analyse it fairly well, and come to the correct conclusions. I know very well that I am not alone in being able to do something like that.
LOL! Oh Davros, my friend, I know you do! You're a very bright and perceptive person. Your Boogre brew comment just couldn't go without a jab at the brain cells, though! I'd have been utterly remiss in my duties if it had!

edit: Oh and I KNOW what you mean about supposedly brilliant people who can't tie a shoe lace in reality..... (Not all are like this, I'm sure, but the one's I've met have been so far)I knew a woman like that once. Got great test scores, MENSA invited her in, but she couldn't get along with anyone, not her neighbors, fellow MENSA members, people in grocery stores.... Even her own family...was sad, she was on something like her 3rd or 4th major career change when I first met her and still not sure what she was going to be when she 'grew up'....she was in her 50's when I met her. Her 20+ yr old children were all in some kind of trouble or other and still living with her and her husband was home all day. He sat around tinkering with and driving an unregistered (totally unsafe) car up and down our road all day and drinking something that must have been a close relative to boogre brew! LOL

[ 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]