Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2002, 12:10 AM   #11
Raven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Brawnwen, Shar-Teel, and Alora. (Yeah, people will think I'm weird for liking Alora, but she's so cuuuuuuuuuute!) Also, she would be a good thief, something that BG II seriosuly lacks. (Is it just me, or were there too many thieves in BG I and too few thieves in BG II?) Also, Coran would be nice.
Old 06-29-2002, 03:52 AM   #12
Maxamus
Manshoon

Coran woudl be cool

and if they had lelt you get Montaron and Xzar into your party, I loved those guys, instead of gettign them killed off, man that sucked
Old 06-29-2002, 06:43 AM   #13
The Jabberwocky
The Magister

Xzar and Monty! And Xan.

And I know, Maxamus... It was bad enough not having them as joinable NPCs in the game, they have to force you to watch Xzar die, and then let you find Montaron's corpse. How lovely.
Old 06-30-2002, 05:05 PM   #14
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I miss Coran--he was so damn cool, and I loved his voice. The problem with bringing him back is explaining why he was a Fighter/Thief in BG1, and an Archer in BG2. Shar-Teel and Yeslick also deserve an encore. I've always loved Xan, Quayle, Edwin and Tiax for their soundsets, although I never could get over Tiax's poor stats. Xan would be nice to have again--and no, his Moonblade does NOT suck, even by ToB standards. Sure, it's only +3, but a +2 AC bonus and 50% Fire Resistance is nothing to sniff at.

When I hated an NPC, it was usually because of their voice: Khalid, Faldorn, Ajantis, and Alora. I can only be suffered to use Ajantis because of his good stats--I was GLAD when I kill his sorry ass in BG2. Too bad you can't tell it's him unless you have Keldorn.
Old 07-01-2002, 01:01 PM   #15
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Ar-Cunin:
I would also say Kivan

and Ajarsis - to bad you have to kill him instead
I am assuming you are referring to Ajantis..but why do you have to kill him?? Been a while since I played BG1
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 02:09 PM   #16
Witchhunter
The Magister

I persoanlly think that the person-gallery in SoA is more than large enough for me. I am still in doubt every time I play for who I should take in my party. Also I think that the personalities of SoA characters are much better developed than those in BGI. In BGI they were more cannonfodder. That said, I miss Kivan he is cool and a great fighter. Yeslick was cool too. I kept Jaheira and Khalid out of a sense of duty, they both annoyed me to death.
\"Achievement is for senators and scholars. At one time I had ambitions but I had them removed by a doctor in Buffalo. It started as cyst, it grew under my arm and I had to have new shirts made, it was awful. But I have them in a jar at home now.\" <br />-Tom Waits
Witchhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 04:41 PM   #17
Billy Yank
The Magister

Resurect Dynaheir!!! With a romance!!!!
Old 07-01-2002, 08:25 PM   #18
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarr:
What character that was in Baldur's Gate do you wish was in the sequel? For me it would be quite a few, the first- Dynair(sp?) Minscs witch. The lack of a straight good alignged mage is a big problem for me in this game, that's why I chose to play as a sorcerer and Aerie levels up far far to slow for me so is only really useful as
anything other than a backup cleric or mage. Another would be Knalid. I can't understand why they killed him off. Okay he only had 15 strength but give him the qauntlets of orge strenght and he becomes a great fighter, the best in the game. Two others would be Coran the thief/fighter and Kivan the ranger both great archers. So who do you wish was in Baldur's Gate 2 that was in the first one?
Anyone that didn't die for the sequel.

Sure, I like Khalid and Dynaheir, but their deaths serve a purpose in the game: The Jaheira Romance and Minsc's New Witch

Unfortunately, Ajantis died so you can't get him. Let's not forget that some of the previous characters die in the new game, including:

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Faldorn
Safana
Xar
Montaran
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 08:28 PM   #19
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Rimjaw:
This topic has probably been done to death but then again I never get tired of such things.

I'd go with Kivan as well, the coolest bad-ass in BG1 after Minsc. Ajantis was just plain irritating and he hardly said a thing in BG1. Dynaheir wasn't much of a talkerin BG1 and I never really felt attached to her, as a result she got overshadowed by Minsc. Xan was cool but I doubt I'd have use for an Enchanter in BG2, maybe if he was a sorceror. As for Khalid, I hope he stays dead. Garret was just plain annoying in BG1 aklthough he was an ok shot with a crossbow and his Cyrano skit in BG2 was hilarious. Yeslick and Kagain were ok, don't really like or dislike them. I wouldn't mind having Shar-Teel in BG2, she would have potential to be a great NPC AND A POSSIBLE ROMANCE . Faldorn was an eco-terrorist, she sucks. Xar and Montaron..... Oh yeah!
A romance with Shar-Teel? That's not very funny Rimjaw..... j/k
But really. She hates men. To have a BG2 romance with her, you would have to be a man. I mean, even if you got it started it might be cut off... if you know what I mean. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And another thing.... what do you mean by having to kill Ajantis? Spoil me!
Edit: Safana? Why do you have to kill her? Not that I didn't before, but I was just wondering.

[ 07-01-2002, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Willard ]
Old 07-01-2002, 08:30 PM   #20
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
I miss Coran--he was so damn cool, and I loved his voice. The problem with bringing him back is explaining why he was a Fighter/Thief in BG1, and an Archer in BG2. Shar-Teel and Yeslick also deserve an encore. I've always loved Xan, Quayle, Edwin and Tiax for their soundsets, although I never could get over Tiax's poor stats. Xan would be nice to have again--and no, his Moonblade does NOT suck, even by ToB standards. Sure, it's only +3, but a +2 AC bonus and 50% Fire Resistance is nothing to sniff at.

When I hated an NPC, it was usually because of their voice: Khalid, Faldorn, Ajantis, and Alora. I can only be suffered to use Ajantis because of his good stats--I was GLAD when I kill his sorry ass in BG2. Too bad you can't tell it's him unless you have Keldorn.
I think the class changes would be easy to explain.

A Bard is almost like a Fighter/Theif/Mage, except that they can cast spells using certain armor, and they can only pick pockets.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote