Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2001, 05:04 PM   #1
IamGeorge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a 5 person team that I made, and I am not sure who I want to join me. I am in chapter 2 with a cavalier, monk, cleric/thief, illusionist, and an archer. I was thinking about Minsc and Jahiera, but a bard looks tempting, especially a skald.

Is there a bard NPC? Is he/she good? Are jahiera or Minsc better?
Old 03-15-2001, 05:08 PM   #2
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Er..... some people may disagree with me here, but you will find it interesting - and VERY useful - to take Yoshimo from the first dungeon...
F.
Old 03-15-2001, 05:09 PM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

If I were you I'd use the extra slot to swap around a bit. You see, almost all the NPCs have side quests and you'll miss out on a lot of game play. I f this is the first time you're playing the game, I strongly advice you to start a game with only one selfcreated character. There is a lot of funny dialogue, romances and extra quests involved!!! If you're already an experienced player then forgive my patronising you, but it's just that your name sounds unfamiliar.
There is a -male- bard (kit: blade) in the game, but, and this demonstrates my point, you need to recruit another NPC called Aerie first, or you cannot get the quest that leads to him.
Ideally, a game with selfcreated chars should contain about 3 of your own characters and three npcs
Good luck!

------------------
Melusine

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-15-2001, 05:10 PM   #4
Raistlin
Manshoon

Minsc and Jaheria are both good! At different points in the game you should
probably test out all the NPCs you can. It will give you more to do and give you a feel for different styles/combos/tactics. I kept virtually the same party throughout and now see that I missed alot by doing so.

------------------

Balance
Old 03-15-2001, 05:11 PM   #5
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

But if you really want a Bard, get Haer'Dalis. He is a Bard (Blade category), useful for identification, and a good fighter if you use his special skills.
F.
Old 03-15-2001, 05:14 PM   #6
Firestarter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yes there is a bard, but he's not so good, he's a blade (i think)
i like to use minsc as an range attacker, but as you already have a archer you don't really need minsc. i think that jahiera is the better choise.
she is a medium fighter and healer, and you get the druid summon spells. fire elements is the best when fighting smaller undeads, swarms is great when fighting mages...

I would go for Jahiera, though she can be a bitch some times
Old 03-15-2001, 05:16 PM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

Who calls Jaheira a b*tch??? j/k
but please keep in mind what I said in my last post, a custom party is NO FUN for a first time through!!!!

------------------
Melusine

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-15-2001, 05:22 PM   #8
jabidas
Silver Dragon

where did you get that girl with wings picture and go with the provided charecters there much more fun
Old 03-15-2001, 05:44 PM   #9
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I suggest you have more rooms in your party, maybe use only 4 pre-made characters? This will allow more party interactions and you can do more NPC quest quickly without having to dump a NPC that you want to keep for long term.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-15-2001, 06:28 PM   #10
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Looking at your original party, I'd drop the Illusionist and grab Jan (Illusionist/Thief). I'd drop the Archer for Yoshimo (If you didn't take him in Chapter 1, look for him in the Copper Coronet.

This will give you a lot more versatility to do side quests, not to mention a lot more dialogue (what makes the game really fun at times).

Remember that you can not have more than 6 characters in your party, so you can't add both Jaheira and Minsc.

------------------
"The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive." Job: A Comedy of Justice