Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2002, 09:12 PM   #1
Sorcerer Alex

My brother owns the series and he has left the house for a few weeks and fate would have it that he has deposited all five books on my shelf. Are they worth reading or will I probably fall asleep after a chapter or two? I'd like to hear your opinions [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2002, 12:06 AM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

This one has been debated quite a bit recently because Jordan has stretched the series to what I believe is now 9 books and he isn't done yet. A general census seems to be that the 4 first books are very, very good. I personally enjoyed them a great deal. Believe me, you won't fall asleep! The books that follow are good, too, but Jordan has, in my opinion, lost focus. Its like he thinks of something new: new character, new situation, new twist, and he can't seem to bring it to a conclusion. My advice to you is try the first book and see how you like it and take it from there.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 05:28 AM   #3
lroyo

The books are definitely worth reading, as long as you have a little bit of patience. Robert Jordan does write an awful lot of detail. I personally find that it fleshes out the world that he has created. Other people just find it boring.

I like all of the 9 books, although I will admit that it was better during the first 4.

Avi.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:12 AM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:
This one has been debated quite a bit recently because Jordan has stretched the series to what I believe is now 9 books and he isn't done yet. A general census seems to be that the 4 first books are very, very good. I personally enjoyed them a great deal. Believe me, you won't fall asleep! The books that follow are good, too, but Jordan has, in my opinion, lost focus. Its like he thinks of something new: new character, new situation, new twist, and he can't seem to bring it to a conclusion. My advice to you is try the first book and see how you like it and take it from there.
I liked all 9 books, and personaly, I like the last 5 books more than the first 4 one. I really hope the series will go to at least 15-20 books.
Old 06-21-2002, 05:55 PM   #5
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:
The books are definitely worth reading, as long as you have a little bit of patience. Robert Jordan does write an awful lot of detail. I personally find that it fleshes out the world that he has created. Other people just find it boring.

I like all of the 9 books, although I will admit that it was better during the first 4.

Avi.
Oh I dont know Avi, I like bk 8, where you've gotten to know the characters, then of course theres those 'guys in black' (not to spoil the story), who I think are great. No, I prefer the later books, where everythings coming to a head, having said that... I still like the first few books. I guess it depends what kinda a mood im in, do I want to go back to when rand's 'innocent', or when hes as 'hard as steel'. lol, a difficult dission, well, some of the time [img]smile.gif[/img]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 07:24 PM   #6
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

<font color="silver">~READ IT
~READ IT
~READ IT
~READ IT

But being serious... read it. It rox.</font>
Old 06-27-2002, 12:21 AM   #7
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

<font color=pink>Well im just about to finish book number four, and i'm loving it! I think i remember someone saying theres supposed to be 12 in the series?

Well my dilema is i want to know (this might spoil....)ok i'll scroll on down
.I want to know who Rand frigging falls for! I want it to b Elayne, but i have a feeling it will b Min or the Aiel Aviendha(hmm that name is so familiar!)SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME I CANT BEAR TO SUFFER ANY LONGER!!! well...cant say i like Min too much, but the Aiel are coo </font>
Old 06-27-2002, 01:40 AM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
<font color=pink>Well im just about to finish book number four, and i'm loving it! I think i remember someone saying theres supposed to be 12 in the series?

Well my dilema is i want to know (this might spoil....)ok i'll scroll on down
.I want to know who Rand frigging falls for! I want it to b Elayne, but i have a feeling it will b Min or the Aiel Aviendha(hmm that name is so familiar!)SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME I CANT BEAR TO SUFFER ANY LONGER!!! well...cant say i like Min too much, but the Aiel are coo </font>
<font color="red">SPOILER</font>
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The 3 of them... I am serious.
Old 06-28-2002, 04:14 PM   #9
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

<font color=pink>Hey Luvian!Long time no firey debate! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

You cant be serious? Thats pretty sad. How do they feel about it?</font>
Old 06-28-2002, 10:28 PM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Well... I am a guy, so of course I like Threesome!

As much as I like to debate, I feel it would be inapropriate of me to start a debate now that I am a moderator.

You should visit the Dungeon Siege forum once in a while.