Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2004, 09:21 AM   #1
Ben Lauritson
Dungeon Master

I've played this game many a time and yet I don't even know this - can faerie sticks only be obtained by starting off with a faerie or can they be purchased/looted also? Since my faerie ninja dual classed to a bishop, she hasn't been able to use her Bo, so I had to use a faerie stick again, and have found it much more useful than the Bo ever was. So my question is, can I find more? I feel that having two faerie sticks would make combat even better for her since I'm saving up my spell picks for Lvl 6 & 7 spells.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:14 AM   #2
Target
Red Dragon

Good question, I don't ever recall see faerie sticks for sale but then I was never really looking out for them.
I do remember someone posting about their all faerie party and the dual sticks seemed great at putting the monster to sleep, they seem to work really well.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 01:42 PM   #3
Ragash
The Magister

Dual Faerie sticks rock imo.. I played a party with a faerie ninja once and made a faerie mage as well just to get her two sticks. Not only do you do more damage when you attack a sleeping monster, they also lose attacks [img]smile.gif[/img] I haven't switched weapons on her yet, I won't until I get the corprus cane from the don.. it's still a work in progress among many though [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Ragash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 02:47 PM   #4
Ben Lauritson
Dungeon Master

Hmm.. I've had a look in Arnika and haven't found anyone selling the sticks yet..
Old 01-07-2004, 02:52 PM   #5
dplax
Jack Burton

If you want enough faerie sticks for your party, you could just start everyone as faeries, and then replace those you don't want, by the characters you want.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 03:21 PM   #6
Ben Lauritson
Dungeon Master

Well, it's a bit late to do that, I've started off with a solo faerie, since I'm (to a certain extent) following the solo faerie guide at GameFAQs. Still, I'm not too bothered. Just a shame I can't experience having two faerie sticks. Oh well.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:02 PM   #7
ScottG
Drow Warrior

I believe faerie sticks have a 50% sleep function with pitiful damage.

The problem is that once you hit an opponent again they wake-up (unless you rolled another 50% for sleep). Combine this problem with the virtual lack of damage means that dual faerie sticks aren't really that great.

Paralyzation or Knockout works much better. Provided you have enough vitality, (and can wield them), dual "chucks" are very nice.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 05:09 PM   #8
sultan

personally, i much prefer KO or paralyze to sleep.

BUT, at 50% sleep, faerie sticks do quite well. in one party, i made the characters so that my big bashing fighter always followed the little faerie with the sleep sticks, both by placing them in consecutive slots and by tweaking their speed/senses at levelups to keep their initiatives in order.

i recall getting a second faerie stick in one of the store rooms at the trang (marten's bluff), but i cant recall where/if they can be bought. perhaps at crock's? he gets some oddball stuff in.
Old 01-07-2004, 05:18 PM   #9
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Two other Faerie items are very nice. They are obtained from drops, haven't seen any in stores except for the custom Faerie armor at Antones.

Sprite dagger (better than stilleto)- Trynton zoo

Fey ring (+4 armor, +10 dext, + 20 stealth- around Bayjin

The best place to find Faerie stuff is fighting Faeries!
Old 01-07-2004, 05:44 PM   #10
Ben Lauritson
Dungeon Master

+20 stealth??? Wow, I'll remember that one

Well, hopefully within time my faerie will be able to survive through Arnika [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

What attributes does the sprite dagger actually have?