Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2001, 09:40 AM   #1
The Pragmatist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Alright, so I'm very new to the game, and know nothing... anyway, to the point. Playing the game for the first time.. I'm on (have done but not gone back yet) the 2nd Shadow Thieves quest... and my party is Me, Minsc, Jaheira, Yoshimo, Aerie and Valygar..

My question is, are there any other characters that I should have met by now? (not including the little guy with the crossbow, I told him to leave because he kept getting me killed)

I'm hopeless and desperate. Help me.

------------------
AIM: YourSqualerhero
MSN: thepragmatist@hotmail.com

ICQ is an árse!!
Old 05-27-2001, 09:49 AM   #2
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

You should have met Kurrgan a dwarf bezerker, Anomen a human fighter/cleric and Nalia a human mage/thief in the Copper Coronet Inn. You also should have saved the drow Viconia from being burnt at the stake. You will also have the chance to recruit Edwin when you finish the thieves' quest.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.
Old 05-27-2001, 09:52 AM   #3
Robin, Thief of Hearts
The Magister

Have you met Viconia yet? She's in the Government district.
There's also a Paladin named Keldorn in the Temple district, and a Bard named Haer'Dalis.
Old 05-27-2001, 09:53 AM   #4
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Pragmatist, welcome !

I am not sure what your problem is about, you have got a good party so far, there are other NPCs but you should not have any problem meeting them in a quest or another. Did you try all the secondary quests ? What character are you playing ? I don't want to spoil anything for you at that point, that's why I am keeping on general ground here. You should go on with the game as you have started and not worry, so far you don't seem to have missed anything crucial. What is it that you need us to tell you without soinling you of the joy of discovery ?

Oh, if you are talking about Jan, he is said to be the funniest NPC in the game. I got him late in the game, but I don't regret having taken him, he made me laugh to tears more than once !

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...
Old 05-27-2001, 09:54 AM   #5
The Pragmatist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

.....so I missed a few then? Maybe I should look around a little more. Oh yeah another question, was I supposed to kill the guy who throws the scimitar? Because if not.... oops.

------------------

ICQ is an árse!!
Old 05-27-2001, 09:57 AM   #6
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

yeah you can kill him. I usually just let him run away.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.
Old 05-27-2001, 09:59 AM   #7
The Pragmatist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm playing a Ranger Archer... And have a concern that my party might be a little weak. I was killed and had to reload over 10 times by the guy outside the Five Flagons. Anywhere specific I should do to build up some strength?

------------------

ICQ is an árse!!
Old 05-27-2001, 10:15 AM   #8
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hm. Having a Ranger archer is a bit tricky as a lead character, if I remember rightly. Can only wear leather armour, yes? And an Archer in the front line of battle is not a good idea. Put a better fighter in lead position, with another fighter next, and your Archer towards the back with your Mages. He will take much less damage and DO more damage! Ok, I know he is the lead character, but you don't need him in the front line, lol! Put the tanks there, and have the brains at the back!
It is also an idea, if you want to keep him in the lead position, to go into the character screen and select the way your character will behave in combat conditions. You should choose (IMHO) the option for Fighter with ranged
weapons.

Errmmm... by the way, why have you got blood dripping from the word Pragmatism in your sig? Um. Being practical doesn't mean killing everything, you know, lol!
------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 05-27-2001).]
Old 05-27-2001, 10:21 AM   #9
The Pragmatist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Being practical doesn't mean killing everything, you know, lol!

It doesn't??? So THAT'S where I've been going wrong for all these years

------------------

ICQ is an árse!!