Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2001, 01:44 PM   #1
Flippy
Welcomed New User

OK, we waited too long to rescue Dynaheir & Minsc started to attack us. We managed to escape from him w/o killing him (or having anyone be killed).

We then rescued Dynaheir & returned to him w/her as the leader of the party. He pummeled her to death. No dialogue at all.

Is there anyway to recover Minsc's friendship at this point or will he be an enemy forever?

Not really wanting to start over,

Flippy
Flippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 02:52 PM   #2
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Wow, Flippy, of all the posts I have read over the last three years on several boards concerning Minsc and his reactions, I have NEVER read of the likes of yours! Minsc pummeling Dynaheir to death -- SHEESH!!! Go figure... Anyway, once Minsc goes psycho like that forget it. Go back to an earlier save (I know you don't want to do this) and get to her as soon as possible with that nutty ranger in your party. Minsc is the best tank in the game and IMO Dynaheir is the best of the mages to play (but there is great debate over just which mage is considered the "must have"). The thing about Dynaheir is that she is pleasant to listen to which is the complete opposite of Jaheira. Edwin gets on my nerves so bad that I want to reach through the monitor and strangle him!
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 12:13 AM   #3
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Well, Flippy, my guess is that he attacked her as I'd have attacked anyone in the party after turning hostile. And no, sorry, I don't know any way to befriend him after that point, either.

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 12:27 AM   #4
Tananda
Elminster

Sorry, Flippy, but I'm almost sure that there is no way to calm Minsc if he becomes an enemy. Not pleasant choice, I know - to load previous saved game or simply to go further without Minsc; no other options.

And welcome to the board!

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins

[This message has been edited by Tananda (edited 07-24-2001).]
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 02:04 PM   #5
Mel
The Magister

I think I once heard that you can cast charm or some other similar spell on Minsc and then talk to him without him attacking you. Ican't say if this works or not because the one time he went mad on me I didn't have the chance to try casting any spells.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2001, 04:16 PM   #6
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Mel:
I think I once heard that you can cast charm or some other similar spell on Minsc and then talk to him without him attacking you. Ican't say if this works or not because the one time he went mad on me I didn't have the chance to try casting any spells.
But the problem with the charm spell is that it eventually wears off and you won't know when. Imagine being in a major fight when the charm spell wears off and Minsc suddenly decides to turn on you right then and there. Sounds like trouble to me. You'd always have to have this spell memorized, plus you'd have to always keep one eye on him. As several have said already, go back to an earlier save.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2001, 02:49 PM   #7
Mel
The Magister

The person I spoke to said that during the time Minsc was charmed she could get him to join her group and then he'd be okay. Like I said, it don't know if it'll work, going back to another save might be a good idea.
Old 08-13-2001, 10:45 AM   #8
Flippy
Welcomed New User

Good news -- using the Charm spell on Minsc worked!

All is well now. I am several game-days past the time I used the spell & there does NOT appear to be any side effects.

Many thanks to all who entered this discussion & especially to Mel for providing a solution.

Cheers,

Flippy
Flippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 01:33 PM   #9
Mel
The Magister

Great, I'm glad it worked for you. I must adnitt that I wasn't sure that it would.
Good luck with the rest of the game.