Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2002, 05:34 PM   #1
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

I have a question. Where do you find radio stations online? Or something else that conveniently plays music? My family likes Country music and Bluegrass, but our station on the tv that plays that kind of music has gone sour. VERY sour. They are currently playing some strange song from the 1980s that probably went straight to the spot of 279 on the top 100. I mean, it really sucks! We thought of finding a station that plays music on the internet, and then plugging the speakers to the computer, but we cannot find anything. Any suggestions of web sites or programs?
Old 06-28-2002, 05:46 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
????? I didn't even know that existed !!! Ah well, i hope you find what you're looking for !
Old 06-28-2002, 07:42 PM   #3
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

O_o

uhhh there's this little thing called www.mp3.com

and uhh.... yeah... they don't just carry free music but free internet radio too... um... like... DUH...
Old 06-28-2002, 07:47 PM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

this is my favorite station

It's not exactly in yoru own tastes so i recomend mp3.com

honestly look up their radio stations, do a SEARCH for Bluegrass and Country, you'll be amazed. I bet t hey've got 2000 bluegrass stations playing right now that you can listen to through Real player, and you can download your favorite or NEW songs that you've never heard of and put em on a CD or onto your snazzy new Mp3 player, Quicktime, Realplayer, WIndows Media player, it doesn't matter what you use, mp3s can be read on it!
Old 06-28-2002, 08:02 PM   #5
DeSoya
Manshoon

Unfortunatly Internet Radio will soon be going the way of the Dodo as the FCC among other governing bodies have recently decided to levy a 70 cent fee on every song that a station broadcasts over the internet. This is way out of proportion with what they charge normal radio stations and it really sucks. You can find more info here
http://www.saveinternetradio.org/

Anyway... Try here: www.radio-locator.com

I personally find mp3.com to be too commercialized

Oh... and if you like country, the local public radio station does a country show every saturday morning. Or used to. I don't know anymore cuz I stay up way too late on friday nights playing NWN
the link is http://kgnu.org/

DeSoya
Old 06-29-2002, 12:39 AM   #6
Debaser

For those of you who are into underground rock and indie-rock, this is a BADASS radio station. i listen to it all the time.....for me, it is a paradigm of what radio SHOULD be--a means of exposing a wide variety of bands that aren't necessarily signed on to the seven major labels in this country. really, it's quite disgusting how they keep the same crap on rotation on FM radio nowadays, just because record companies pay ludicrous amounts to have their acts shoved down people's throats in a repetitive, overbearing way which leaves no room for exposing fresh, vital music that isn't riding the vessel of mainstream, corporate rock.

sorry, off on a tangent there........the site i'm talking about is called 3WK underground radio.

http://www.3wk.com
Old 06-29-2002, 03:09 AM   #7
DeSoya
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Debaser:
For those of you who are into underground rock and indie-rock, this is a BADASS radio station. i listen to it all the time.....for me, it is a paradigm of what radio SHOULD be--a means of exposing a wide variety of bands that aren't necessarily signed on to the seven major labels in this country. really, it's quite disgusting how they keep the same crap on rotation on FM radio nowadays, just because record companies pay ludicrous amounts to have their acts shoved down people's throats in a repetitive, overbearing way which leaves no room for exposing fresh, vital music that isn't riding the vessel of mainstream, corporate rock.
So wait. You're saying that we shouldn't listen to crap? But... But...

DeSoya